Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mr. Mike
sorry to hear that Luke

when i spoke to one of the people and she told me that Lancaster couldnt offer me a place, my heart did sink, as i did want to go to lancaster
Me too. My heart sank - but I kind of expected it, then I started to cry on the phone. Then went town, cried again. Then now at home, crying again. I had my heart set on Lancaster.

I know what your going through mate.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 41
it's weird cos i guessed my 4 grades exactly 3 days ago, i got all 4 right, but today it hit home that i didnt have the grades to get in, i was holding out that bit of hope as they hadnt made a decision on track.

Then when she said they couldnt offer me a place my heart sank, it's not that i have anything against Hallam as that was somewhere i was thinking of before i even saw Lancaster, but as soon as i toured Lancaster i knew it was the perfect Uni for me.

so i know excatly how that feels mate, the worst [part of it is, if i hadnt made stupid a-level choices i wouldnt be in this mess, had i chose business (my best subject) then i am confident that today i would have had ABCC and Lancaster would have let me in. but because of a stupid choice i miss out on my first choice uni
Reply 42
My results are kinda funny. I didn't get the grades needed, yet I'm still on the course. And this is English Literature With Creative Writing, which is traditionally ridiculously over subscribed (I was told there were about 40 people applying per available place on one visit). I'm figuring getting a disctinction in the Advanced English Extension coupled with a good personal statement is what made me attractive.
Reply 43
im goin !!!
AAB for european legal studies !!
c evry1 there
Re my earlier message i'm still in!

Got AAAB and a distinction for the aea english....eeek!

Well done everybody :smile:
Reply 45
I got in too yay!! slightly concerned that i didnt pass the AeA in english when im suppose to b doing it for another 3 years but i only did it for a laugh.
Plus i got two A's and a B so im well happy

Just cant believe how well i did in psychology?! anybody else have similar suprising but happy results?

I was even one of the lucky ones who got an acceptance letter in the post this morning shame i didnt realise that or i would have opened it before going to school feeling sick!

Im sorry to all you guys who didnt get in - it sucks keep trying to convince admissions to let you in and good luck

See you all soon x
woot i'm in!! i got AAA so i'm really made up, and incredibly confused that my highest was history, which i was convinced was my worst subject:confused:

so off to lancaster i go! congradulations to everyone, and i'm truly sorry for the guys who didn't get in, all the best for the future, i'm sure you'll have a great time wherever you go :smile:

oh and emily i got a letter this morning and opened it before i went in, but i wouldn't count myself lucky for it, it kinda ruined part of the experience of going for the results with my mates

see you in a matter of weeks! xx
Reply 47
woo i'm in 2!! i got AAA im well happy n ded shocked! got that scholarship 2 which is great! yeah i got the letter in the post this morning and opened it 2 before i went n got my results i found it calmed me down loads n was glad of it! x
Torn.Sky
My results are kinda funny. I didn't get the grades needed, yet I'm still on the course. And this is English Literature With Creative Writing, which is traditionally ridiculously over subscribed (I was told there were about 40 people applying per available place on one visit). I'm figuring getting a disctinction in the Advanced English Extension coupled with a good personal statement is what made me attractive.

Probably. Plus, I remember earlier this year my english tutor asked me what made me choose Lancaster for English because apparently applications were down this year. To be honest though, they were down around the whole country.

Anyway, well done to everyone who got in! :biggrin: Commiserations to those who didn't but, as has already been said, things will work out well either way. :smile: Some of my friends went to their insurance unis and loved it!
Reply 49
Sorry people who didn't make it... I work in the admissions (temporary) telephone office and we feel awful having to decline people... it's one of the most horrid things to have to do.

James.
Congratulations to all those who got in.

To those who didn't and had there heart set on Lancaster, dont give up and do a differant course that you'll enjoy. So many people say in the end it doesn't matter.
Reply 51
hi, i got in, though i diodn't make the grades, and i feel kinda guilty bout that.
but i'm really pleased to have got in, and look forwards to studyin environmental science:smile:
Reply 52
I managed to get in despite narrowly missing out on the the grades. I got ABB instead of AAB.

Nevertheless, a friend of mine enquired about taking law and there were still vacancies; students can get in with BBB now. So maybe as further time passes, the grade boundaries will continue to drop on unfilled vacancies
Reply 53
:frown: Well done to everyone who got in. I must stop posting on Lancaster now as I'm not going here. I'm still upset about it. lol

Good luck people and have a great time.
Reply 54
lol yeah i better had as well

Congrats to everyone and i hope you have a great time
got in for PPE; needed BBB, got in with BCC. Personal statement? Space on the course? Blind luck? Either way, chuffed because I performed really badly in June (including a couple of U's!)
Reply 56
I got in :biggrin: was really worried as needed ABB but managed to get in with BBCC! Am very happy
Reply 57
Hey i got in to do geog and earth science needed BBB got ABCC im really glad i did general studies now that A really made the difference. Comiserations those who didn't get in.
Reply 58
Well done to everyone who got into Lancaster, now you can relax and wait for the mountain of paperwork heading your way :biggrin:
Reply 59
-- Dan
Well done to everyone who got into Lancaster, now you can relax and wait for the mountain of paperwork heading your way :biggrin:

oh yeah, do you know how long it is till we get those packs with everything in?

Latest

Trending

Trending