The Student Room Group

How long do you wait for your results after finishing final exams

does it take weeks to appear and see all grades ( 1st 2,1 2,2)

or just few days

and does it depend on your course and uni
Original post by go2thezoo
does it take weeks to appear and see all grades ( 1st 2,1 2,2)

or just few days

and does it depend on your course and uni

depends on the course and uni. My uni has no set results day but releases results course by course in dribs and drabs in the first couple of weeks of july.
I have just finished my final year and although the result is not out, all of my exam marks have been uploaded to moodle which my uni uses. The proper result will come out sometime in mid june but since the marks have been uploaded already I can calculate the degree classification. If you have the resit period you can estimate the release time that way and it is usally 3 weeks before resit period.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
depends on the course and uni. My uni has no set results day but releases results course by course in dribs and drabs in the first couple of weeks of july.

Wow what a nightmare...!! I would be going mad checking every day.

OP your results will take at least a couple of weeks regardless of your unis policy as it's a lot of papers to mark and moderate. The grades must also be reviewed and approved by the exam board. Have a root around online, their policy will be published I'm sure. Happily we have a set date in the middle of June.
Original post by alibee
Wow what a nightmare...!! I would be going mad checking every day.

OP your results will take at least a couple of weeks regardless of your unis policy as it's a lot of papers to mark and moderate. The grades must also be reviewed and approved by the exam board. Have a root around online, their policy will be published I'm sure. Happily we have a set date in the middle of June.

Tbf they have a date by when they have to be published but results usually come out before then at a random time & day. But yes as soon as I see the first people posting their results I check several times a day!
I have all of my 3rd year results back - we have a university policy which states that marking cannot take longer than 21 days.
Get my results first week of July, less then 4 weeks to go! :eek:
Our exam season runs until the end of May (May 23rd this year) and results were released on 5th June. Well, they actually released them on the 4th, but I'm not sure if that was deliberate. Either way, not long.
I think all are released at the same time for all subjects.
Reply 8
I had my final exam today, and we get results 7th July, so it's just over 4 weeks. But this does depend on the course/subject and cohort size. I'm studying medicine and there are about 220 in my year group. My housemate is studying maths and his results take around 6 weeks to come back. But generally it'll be 4-6 weeks :smile:
Reply 9
I had my final exam on may 28th and I find out my overall degree mark on July 2nd.

It's annoying because I'm averaging 64 so far, but, I only had 20 credits in my first semester.

I've got 60% of a 40 Credit modules at 64, gotta wait till July to find my overall grade from the exam worth 40%
I'm waiting on my dissertation mark (again, won't be released till July!) which is 40 credits
And I'm waiting on an essay worth 70% of a 20 credit module which I have a 62 in 30% of it,,, So hoping I've done enough to get a 2.1 :frown:
I finished exams mid May but all results are issued to students regardless of year/course (with a few exceptions) the same week (first week of July). It will depend on your uni though as some have quick turnaround times for results.
Weeks/months most usually, I should get mine in around a month and my last exam was saturday
Third year might be different though idk
My unis results deadline was today and I'm still waiting for three results, so deadlines clearly mean nothing these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending