The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im also going to Loughborough and they havent updated my track either. iv got the grades required, do i need to ring anyone up to check though?
Reply 2
I'm the same..

Bit nervous celebrating on a verbal confirmation!
Its gonna take UcAS until sat to update everyones track so dont worry-if you got the grades you're in...go celebrate!!!!!!!!! If you didnt, phone your uni to find out! xxx
Reply 4
PQ
UCAS don't update track, they just host it.

Universities send their updates through to UCAS. Everything UCAS has recieved is on Track instantly - it's a live system.

I seem to recall you mentioning 2 updating systems - one done live, and the other done nightly by batches?
Reply 5
Odd. I thought that for one system, the changes were only reflected live overnight. Cheers anyway. :smile:
Reply 6
PQ
the batch system updates overnight....but as soon as it gets to UCAS it's on track.

What I'm saying is that any delays are at the uni end not with UCAS - UCAS don't process decisions they just show what the uni's have sent them as soon as they sent them.

Ahhhhhh - i get what you mean now.

But technically in the system, universities update UCAS throughout the day, and they'll then batch update Track, yes?

Anyhow, it just means that many people won't see their offer change to Unconditional or Unsuccessful until tomorrow morning?
Reply 7
PQ
nope

universities update UCAS throughout the day and those updates are on track instantly. UCAS don't batch update, they don't process and they don't sit on decisions - what comes in gets loaded on straight away.

If their uni is one of the ones that still send batch files to UCAS then track will probably update sometime between 6pm and midnight (depending what time they're scheduled to send their updates to ucas).

For the sake of clarification...

Say a uni sends a batch file at 10am in the morning.

Like you said, Track will only update between 6pm and midnight.

So that period in between:- UCAS is sitting on the updates?
My Track hasn't updated but I know I've got the grades so if they don't accept me they're being evil!!
Reply 9
Bethy
My Track hasn't updated but I know I've got the grades so if they don't accept me they're being evil!!

They can't not accept you. :smile: You're in - congratulations! :smile:
Reply 10
PQ
when did I say track will only update between 6pm and midnight?

OK one final time

UCAS do not sit on decisions, they don't process anything....they recieve an update from a universities and it goes on track then and there.

When they recieve those updates will vary: uinversities using ucas-link (previously called hercules) have a live link between their databases and UCAS so as soon as they hit the go button on a decision it's sent to UCAS and will appear on track INSTANTLY.

universities using marvin (the batch update system) will be scheduled to send their updates to ucas between 6pm and midnight normally. As soon as UCAs recieve the update file it will show on track. During confirmation and clearing marvin universities will send a number of batch updates throughout the day as well as the overnight files. As soon as UCAs recieve the update file it will show on track.

Any delays in processing decisions are due to delays with the UNIVERSITIES concerned and NOT the fault of UCAS. UCAS have many faillings but slowing up decisions being sent through to Track during confirmation and clearing is not one of them.

Appreciate the clarification. =) I suppose this regular batch update system doesn't apply during the pre-Clearing period then.
Reply 11
PQ
no - it's normally done nightly

Dankeschon. :gthumb: It's 3am+ now - I should get some sleep. :ciao:
Knogle
They can't not accept you. :smile: You're in - congratulations! :smile:

:biggrin: Thanks a lot hehe, dunno what I'm gonna do til September now! :biggrin: xxx
Reply 13
my track has still not been updated. whats happening?
Reply 14
shaby
my track has still not been updated. whats happening?

Read the gazillion other threads on this, or post more details so we can better help you. Simple, ain't it?
It's the morning and still nothing.....Argh!
Same here. Stoopid uni! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending