The Student Room Group
I have an interview for their MSc in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology ... so wish me luck :-)

Congrats on your acceptance for life sciences!
Reply 2
Hiya,
Will you be doing it over one year or two years? I have done it over two years and doing my final year of chemistry this September. I am waiting for my biology grade (should get it by the 11th August). It's great fun and you'll learn a lot! Well done.
Reply 3
I am doing it over one year. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. I want to get it over and done with.

How much time did you spending studying outside of uni?
Reply 4
first why do you celebrate it? going to Birkbeck is the most easy thing

second, pity, because you will end up unemployed if you expect from that degree to find you a job
Reply 5
The Birkbeck course isn't a degree. It will be used to meet the entry requirements for my chosen degree.

I am very aware of the "ease" of getting onto the course as I witnessed some applicants who couldn't even complete the assessment questions, being offered places.

My joy is for me changing careers and using this course as a stepping stone.

Is that okay with you?
Reply 6
It's VERY intense and my friends doing it over one year found it quite hard and felt very stressed (some felt this way due to not being in education for a while). It is very stressy as there's always assignments and the SRS & PDP you have to do and also EOM exams every 10 weeks. The final exam is the big one of course.
The staff are supportive and they're always ready to help, you just have to speak up when you need it. Lab experiments are fun and I would recommend reading a-level biology/ chemistry books now and practising your maths.
I would say study every day throughout the course and do not get lazy, study for three hours maybe. There's so much to get through it can be confusing at times but by staying on top you will do well.
There are catch up classes too that you can attend if you're unsure of certain topics. They email you the dates when they are.

Well done!

It's a big deal and you should be proud. I was. You can change your future at any age and under any circumstance. I'm thankful to birkbeck helping me change mine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi! I'll be starting birkbeck in oct for psychology whats it like? Are there a lot of young student as im a bit worried about the age gap as im 19, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Oedipus_Regex
I have an interview for their MSc in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology ... so wish me luck :-)

Dear Oedipus

I have a interview for the Msc in bioinformatics scheduled for next week. Could you please tell something about the aptitude test and the interview questions.

Thanks a lot in advance!!
Original post by Oedipus_Regex

Good morning, hope you had successfully completed the course. May I ask whether you took part in a aptitude test in computer for MSc Bioinformatics in Birbeck. If so, what is this test?

I am interested in Bionformatics as well, but my major is biology sciences. Therefore I would like to do as much preparation as possible for the aptitude test.

Many thanks in advance

Yimiyangguang

Latest

Trending

Trending