The Student Room Group

wrote a 3 page essay to the examiner?

Scroll to see replies

Dear Maths Examiner,

I cannot find your x

but I have found your D :perv:!

oh dearrr I've run out of jokes :frown:
Lol how could you actually write that? I'd feel scared:redface: considering its an A level exam!

I don't think you'd get disqualified. You might have even made them giggle a bit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maura Kat
is the AS and A level exam papers in the UK free?
as in you don't have to fork out your own money to pay for the exams?

Yeah they're free

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I wrote a rant on my 6 mark long question on computing AS. The question was fairly easy but the information given to help you write your answer was so detailed that I didn't know how to improve on it... They literally had given us all the answers and so after I tried my best on it, finished the rest of the paper and then had a little rant on how pointless that question was.
Original post by Dazzling_Belinda
Yeah they're free

Posted from TSR Mobile

that explains why he/she wasn't serious for the exam paper.
i'm paying close to around £1450 to sit for the AS and A levels in a foreign country since I'm not british.
Original post by astridx
okay so i was in an As Politics exam that i knew i was going to fail anyway, i had an hour left so thought i would spend my time writing to the examiner. I ended up getting carried away and wrote three pages with things like "i love your top" "40 minutes to go" "why are these examiners looking at me so muc everytime a look up theyre staring" "awkward eye contact" "we are friends now hi hello" and other stupid stuff. I want to know can i be disqualified from that exam and future exams? Its literally all ive been thinking about im completely nervous.

Haha!
I knew a girl who managed to put a £5 bill between the pages! Nothing happened but she never saw the money again and still got a bad grade (bribing doesn't work lol).
Original post by Maura Kat
that explains why he/she wasn't serious for the exam paper.
i'm paying close to around £1450 to sit for the AS and A levels in a foreign country since I'm not british.

They're not technically free, but for most people, their school pays the fees for them. If you retake it though, most of the time you have to pay for those, about £20-£30 per exam.
Reply 27
I don't understand why you wouldn't just leave the exam rather than spend an hour writing absolute crap.
Original post by buzzybee143
Haha!
I knew a girl who managed to put a £5 bill between the pages! Nothing happened but she never saw the money again and still got a bad grade (bribing doesn't work lol).

They're all scanned now - somehow I'm not sure a picture of a £5 note would be taken so well. :tongue:
Original post by Paralove
They're not technically free, but for most people, their school pays the fees for them. If you retake it though, most of the time you have to pay for those, about £20-£30 per exam.

either way all of you really have it easy.
the resit fees are cheapers.
ours is about £185 to £225 for each first paper or resit.
Some of my teachers have told us of much worse things students have written about in papers when in similar situations to you.

As long as it was nothing illegal, nothing will happen to you, apart from failing.
Original post by NikolaT
Some of my teachers have told us of much worse things students have written about in papers when in similar situations to you.

As long as it was nothing illegal, nothing will happen to you, apart from failing.

What do you mean by "illegal" I am intrigued :colone:
In my first year of sixth form I did this, too. It was a sociology exam and I had about 20% attendance and didn't know anything. I opened the exam paper and I thought "****, I can't answer this" so I spent the two hours or whatever we had just writing 8 pages or so to the examiner. That was cool. But after the exam I found out I didn't understand the questions because I forgot to turn the page, apparently the questions we were supposed to answer were on page 3 of the exam booklet.

I got a U for that exam, so you should be fine.
Dear examiner,

I feel as depressed as the economy of the interwar Weimar Republic, but for just one reason rather than three as collectively contributed to the economic collapse and subsequent or consequent rise of fascism seen there...
Original post by astridx
okay so i was in an As Politics exam that i knew i was going to fail anyway, i had an hour left so thought i would spend my time writing to the examiner. I ended up getting carried away and wrote three pages with things like "i love your top" "40 minutes to go" "why are these examiners looking at me so muc everytime a look up theyre staring" "awkward eye contact" "we are friends now hi hello" and other stupid stuff. I want to know can i be disqualified from that exam and future exams? Its literally all ive been thinking about im completely nervous.

You can be disqualified and given a zero mark for that paper if what you have written is either:

1) Rude or offensive.
2) An attempt to influence the mark given to you by the examiner.

Sounds to me like you may well fall into category 2, so good luck with that...
Original post by Super199
What do you mean by "illegal" I am intrigued :colone:

One of the stories my teacher talked about was when a student wrote about a 'murder' they committed.

I can't remember the details, but the teacher, student, exam board, and the police were all inside one room at one point.
Original post by NikolaT
One of the stories my teacher talked about was when a student wrote about a 'murder' they committed.

I can't remember the details, but the teacher, student, exam board, and the police were all inside one room at one point.

lmaoooo I'm not sure if it is right to laugh :rolleyes:
I once had some time to spare so I drew a person with a gun to their head, wrote lol rip and my name next to it at the end of the exam paper.. This was back in year 11 tho, like 2 years ago

Nothing happened..

I did complete the paper though and got a good grade ^_^
Original post by little_tom
In my first year of sixth form I did this, too. It was a sociology exam and I had about 20% attendance and didn't know anything. I opened the exam paper and I thought "****, I can't answer this" so I spent the two hours or whatever we had just writing 8 pages or so to the examiner. That was cool. But after the exam I found out I didn't understand the questions because I forgot to turn the page, apparently the questions we were supposed to answer were on page 3 of the exam booklet.

I got a U for that exam, so you should be fine.

LOOOL did the examiner not read out the instructions or something
I'm pretty sure if any communication is attempted then an examiner must send it to the team leader, and I can assure you that no mercy shall be given.

Quick Reply

Latest