The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply without a School's help?

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

I've just done my A2s and am thinking of taking a Gap Year and reapplying for University this year in September. I was just wondering if someone could tell me where else I could get a Reference and stuff for the UCAS Application, apart from the School that I went to. It's probably a really stupid idea but I just wanted to know if I have any other options apart from going back to School and dealing with the teachers I thought I'd left.

I just figured I might as well check.

Thanks loads for the help.

ns :smile:
You can apply for UCAS on your own but you will still need to provide a reference, surely if you are on good terms with your current tutors they would be able to provide a reference no matter when you decide to go Uni.

If your not on good terms though then i suggest searching the UCAS site for what is classed as a reference other than your tutors, If I recall correctly there was a section on the application form and track that detailed what classed as a reference. On the other hand, if you can not find any information on the issue I would E-mail UCAS and ask for some information.
Reply 2
ns127
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything appropriate.

I've just done my A2s and am thinking of taking a Gap Year and reapplying for University this year in September. I was just wondering if someone could tell me where else I could get a Reference and stuff for the UCAS Application, apart from the School that I went to. It's probably a really stupid idea but I just wanted to know if I have any other options apart from going back to School and dealing with the teachers I thought I'd left.

I just figured I might as well check.

Thanks loads for the help.

ns :smile:

Generally for people currently still in school and those newly graduated, it's best to get a reference from one of the academic staff at school... but you could look at other sources such as your employer if you're currently working.

Are you on bad terms with your teachers?

Latest

Trending

Trending