The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by simpletech668
Yea they're well timed but how did you manage to learn all of them in 1 year, you must be pretty clever!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well it did take up the space of another subject on the timetable, so it wasn't that much of a push to fit everything in. Some topics were covered a bit last-minute though; I felt much more prepared for the AS modules than the A2s. As for being clever, well, I'll find that out on results day :lol:
Oh how I resent the wait...
Original post by The_Blade
At first you'd be like this isn't bad

Then you would think I think really hard when you learn hypothesis testing

But then things get easier.

The distributions - binomial, poissson and normal are very confusing at first

If you want you can pm for a very useful source.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, at least it will be better than S1. I've heard it's a lot more interesting :redface:
Original post by StarvingAutist
Well, at least it will be better than S1. I've heard it's a lot more interesting :redface:

Just started S1 lessons! It's a really nice time to catch up on missed sleep!!! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well it did take up the space of another subject on the timetable, so it wasn't that much of a push to fit everything in. Some topics were covered a bit last-minute though; I felt much more prepared for the AS modules than the A2s. As for being clever, well, I'll find that out on results day :lol:
Oh how I resent the wait...

Oh I see!! So you've only done 3 AS levels this year! Tbh, if you're doing FM as well then that makes up for it! Well I'm already done with C3 so I'm not looking forward to next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

S1 was my nemesis, I'd have hated S2! Mechanics was just so much nicer all round. Wish I could have done M1 and M2! As people find different aspects of maths easier, I feel every maths student should be given a choice as to which modules to pick :angry:
Do mark schemes come out on results day?
Just started S1 lessons! It's a really nice time to catch up on missed sleep!!! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see!! So you've only done 3 AS levels this year! Tbh, if you're doing FM as well then that makes up for it! Well I'm already done with C3 so I'm not looking forward to next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

S1 is awful. I was expecting a horrible grade in it, but the paper was actually really nice so I think I may even have got 90UMS! So don't give up hope no matter how tempting it is :lol:
There is going to be so much pressure on FM next year though :redface: ... I only get one shot :s-smilie:

Original post by fortunaisland
S1 was my nemesis, I'd have hated S2! Mechanics was just so much nicer all round. Wish I could have done M1 and M2! As people find different aspects of maths easier, I feel every maths student should be given a choice as to which modules to pick :angry:

At first I hated all the applied modules, but then I got used to M1 and learning M2 wasn't hard. S1 is the most horrendous module I've done so far - though it does help in physics; rather than draw a line of best fit I use linear regression :awesome:
When do the grade boundaries get released? is it before results day?
Original post by sunny-96

I think so :smile:
should probably use this thread instead

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48164978
Original post by lizziec1996

Nope sometime in July.
Original post by Dilzo999
Nope sometime in July.

Oh that's good! Might be able to guess my results then haha
Offer of ABB, think I have got ABC in maths, economics and history. Any chance they let me enter?
Nope sometime in July.

Do you know how we'll be able to access it, because it clearly won't be on the website.
Seems like there is two threads for this sorta discussion. Can anyone merge two threads together.. Another one is http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2697055&x=0&y=0#post48164978
Original post by ransominiho
Offer of ABB, think I have got ABC in maths, economics and history. Any chance they let me enter?

They're likely to although you missed your offer there's something on UCAS which says something about it

Original post by sunny-96

Nope sometime in July.

Oh that's good! Might be able to guess my results then haha

Original post by walkers38
Do you know how we'll be able to access it, because it clearly won't be on the website.

They're released (for most exam boards) the day before results day. They're accessible on their websites but there is usually a thread on here that has all the relevant links.
Need AA and Pass in Welsh bacc for Uni, can secure the A in Biology and the pass thanks to the WBQ, and after the horrible CH5 paper WJEC gave us, I think I'll miss my A in Chemistry...

I wanted A*AA and Pass but I reckon I have ABB and pass at best. The exams have tired me so I think I'll be apathetic and not worry about it until I get the results and the possible rejection from dental school haha.
Minimum: AABB

Most likely: AAAB (Damn you OCR chemistry)

Possible: AAAA
A-levels have barely finished and here you all are thinking about results day already. Jeez guys relax and live a little! I don't want to think about results just yet!

Latest