The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG I just got that email about clearing from UCAS.. my heart actually stopped :erm::no::erm:

Stupid UCAS!!!! :unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdenHazard
I'm in the exact situation as you. I need an A to be low, like max 54. I'm screwed.

I know I made stupid mistakes on two questions, so low boundaries would be helpful. I think they will be low, as most people seemed to find it fairly tricky.
I think I'll start posting now we have a hundred pages.

I'm not nervous so I can be the calming person :biggrin:

Although I will be bricking it the night before.
Original post by livealittle
Holy ****.
So they're basically forcing people to go through clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by coolgamer
Wat do u mean? I'm gonna do A2 next year

Original post by AhmedDavid
Where did you hear this?

Our head if year sent us a report from ofqual or whatever a few weeks back that said schools are no longer allowed to take on retake students unless uou have a disability, health problem or extenuating circumstances etc. so yeah, clearing. However the fact that not many schools have heard of it makes me think that some schools may have chosen not to implement it this year but it's definitely serious as in this years yr 12s can't retake yr 13. Another one of Gove's reforms.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmine96
About Adjustment, my predicted grades is ABC and I have applied to BBB and BCC universities but say I end up getting ABC as predicted could I still try and get into a ABB university through adjustment or would that just be a stupid idea?

I would definite say you should try bc they keep your place at your firm confirmed until you accept your adjustment offer. So it's a win-win situation. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EXTREMEninja
I know I made stupid mistakes on two questions, so low boundaries would be helpful. I think they will be low, as most people seemed to find it fairly tricky.

I done most past papers, especially the recent ones from 2010, get nearly full marks in all of them, and this paper was awful. I hope we get a surprise and GB will be like C3 last year, or low like that. I'm not sure.
Original post by EdenHazard
I done most past papers, especially the recent ones from 2010, get nearly full marks in all of them, and this paper was awful. I hope we get a surprise and GB will be like C3 last year, or low like that. I'm not sure.

I heard last years c3 was quite bad, but those boundaries would be nice. Hopefully it won't be higher than 60.
I want the days to go by quickly so I get my results
But I don't want the holidays to be over

Posted from TSR Mobile
After I realise that results day is less than a month away:
[video="youtube;xJvGE7Vvd4M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvGE7Vvd4M&feature=kp[/video]
I'll be checking them, as soon as they get released. They will probably just make me panic more, especially over M1 XD

Is this AQA M1 you're talking about?
Original post by Petrue
Is this AQA M1 you're talking about?

Nope, edexcel.
Nope, edexcel.

Ahh okay, my bad.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1992
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I think I'll start posting now we have a hundred pages.

I'm not nervous so I can be the calming person :biggrin:

Although I will be bricking it the night before.

Join the club. Absolutely bricking it for the STEP results though
so i need A* A A to get into durham...and i'm fine with the A* and one of the A's. My only worry is i will get a B in further maths and not an A. I'm doing maths at durham so obviously it will have a big influence, but if i get a B, do you think they'd still let me in? or even if I get an A* in the third subject (product design) and then get a B in further maths, do you think they'll let me in....?

apart from that, yes, i too am bricking it.....:/
As my dad says, expect the worse, convince yourself that you'll get the worst possible results. And then if you get better than what you thought, it's a bonus. If not, it's ok as you've already accepted the worst and started to come to terms with it.

Cynical I know, but it's a method that works for me👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyHigh_er
Our head if year sent us a report from ofqual or whatever a few weeks back that said schools are no longer allowed to take on retake students unless uou have a disability, health problem or extenuating circumstances etc. so yeah, clearing. However the fact that not many schools have heard of it makes me think that some schools may have chosen not to implement it this year but it's definitely serious as in this years yr 12s can't retake yr 13. Another one of Gove's reforms.

Posted from TSR Mobile

but we can retake as modules in yr 13 right?
Reply 1996
Original post by gracelich
As my dad says, expect the worse, convince yourself that you'll get the worst possible results. And then if you get better than what you thought, it's a bonus. If not, it's ok as you've already accepted the worst and started to come to terms with it.

Cynical I know, but it's a method that works for me👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting.... However, let's say one student believes after the exam he has done exceptionally well. Wouldn't it be difficult convincing himself he has done bad?
Original post by Beenaa
You know that feeling you get when you have absolutely no idea how you did? I've got that, I'm totally s**ting my pants I'm so scared lol! after my exams I came out and I'd already totally forgotten the questions and the only ones I remember were the ones I had no clue about, so I came out feeling mind f**ked. I need to get AAA in Chem (OCR), Bio (AQA) and Geog (AQA) and both my firm and insurance have the same offer so if i don't get the grades i don't go to uni this year (Dentistry). Anybody else feel the same?

Hi! I'm going to for Dentistry too! I'm fortunate enough that I'm doing 4 subjects, one of which is the Welsh Bacc which I've already got an A in so I need an A in Biology and Chemistry, but after CH5 (WJEC Chem) I fear I've thrown my offers away after working so hard to get them. Heaven knows why I thought putting another dentistry offer as an insurance was a good idea. :cry:
Original post by plusC
Join the club. Absolutely bricking it for the STEP results though

Best of luck with that :lol:

What's your firm?
Had a dream last night that I got onto Track a month early and my firm said unconditional :biggrin: :biggrin: I celebrated by sending a Snapchat of my eyebrow (which spelled "unconditional") to my friends and family... :lolwut:

Apart from the eyebrow thing, I hope this comes true.

Latest