The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5980
Original post by PoppieCrean
Hi everyone. I received an offer to do Midwifery at Hertfordshire University, however, the uni offered me a place for 2015 rather than 2014. I have accepted the place but it just means i will have to have a year out before i go. The place requires me to get 300 UCAS points. I am wondering whether i have to gain these 300 ucas points by August on results day or if i could possibly retake an A2 exam in the year out if i were to get below 300 points? I was just wondering if anybody had been in a similar scenario and would know the answer? Do i have to gain these points by August or by 2015 when i start?

You have to meet the necessary requirements by the end of August 2015. :smile:
Original post by Hoshil
For me it was completely the opposite. I did edexcel Maths and mostly everyone was criticizing C4 but I found it so simple. C3 was baaad for me.

C3 - 64/75
C4 - 71/75

I was sooo scared of C4 because i didn't spent enough time on it (focusing on my chemistry exam the day before...which turned out to be completely useless, since edexcel "loves" to stick to their curriculum in exams soo much :mad: )... But I was so shocked coming out of that exam and checking with arsey's MS how well it went. With C3 I thought there were some tricky bits, and definitely the fact that there were 9 questions instead of 8 got me some timing issues. But compared to the official MS I'm hoping for 69 in C3 and 69-71 in C4
tbh i think results this year will plummet on thee whole as a county, the whole June policy wouldn't have been kindly met by MANY.
Ngl I wasn't too phased or affected by the fact that everything was in June , i was a lil annoyed but thought I could deal with it and had some confidence!!!...but then the exam were ll just so HARD! Like its bad enough they put like 10+ exams in the space of 3 weeks..let alone making them the hardest there has been in comparison to past paper...I mean seriousl aqa biol 5 wth was that ? :frown:(
as for edexcel maths, dont even get me started.
C3 was okk but I flopped lol expecting 60/75
C4 was HARD but surpirisngly expecting a 62/75 (better than C3 lol)
S2 was Tough but should be 66-68/75
Original post by SosaBabyy
as for edexcel maths, dont even get me started.
C3 was okk but I flopped lol expecting 60/75
C4 was HARD but surpirisngly expecting a 62/75 (better than C3 lol)
S2 was Tough but should be 66-68/75

For c3 ane c4 I think I got pretty similar. How many ums do u reckon they will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Had a nightmare last night that I didn't get the grades and had to go to my insurance. It was good to wake up, but then I remembered it might still happen. :s-smilie:
Original post by Teddysmith123
What do you think

C3: 65
C4:68/69

Would that be an A or possibly a close A*????

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd say you've got a pretty good chance.
C3 High 80s
C4 Mid 90s

(Assuming you're averaging 80 elsewhere?)
Original post by Teddysmith123
What do you think

C3: 65
C4:68/69

Would that be an A or possibly a close A*????

Posted from TSR Mobile

very likely an A* imo
Original post by SH0405
You have to meet the necessary requirements by the end of August 2015. :smile:

Oh really thanks! Are you 100% on this? X
How did everyone find biol4 and 5? (AQA)
Reply 5990
Original post by PoppieCrean
Oh really thanks! Are you 100% on this? X

Yeah!

Spoiler

But I wouldn't mind if someone could confirm.
Just found out my results are in school. They were delivered yesterday ahhhh
Original post by SH0405
Yeah!

Spoiler

But I wouldn't mind if someone could confirm.

Thank you! It makes sense to have to achieve it by 2015
Original post by Faye_m
For c3 ane c4 I think I got pretty similar. How many ums do u reckon they will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

reckon for c3 it will be surely B ..an A in C3 will probs be 64
reckon for c4 it will surely be an A...cause the A will probs be 59/60
for S2 an A will be 61/62 probs soo 66 may be a relly high A touching an A* dunno!
Original post by SosaBabyy
tbh i think results this year will plummet on thee whole as a county, the whole June policy wouldn't have been kindly met by MANY.
Ngl I wasn't too phased or affected by the fact that everything was in June , i was a lil annoyed but thought I could deal with it and had some confidence!!!...but then the exam were ll just so HARD! Like its bad enough they put like 10+ exams in the space of 3 weeks..let alone making them the hardest there has been in comparison to past paper...I mean seriousl aqa biol 5 wth was that ? :frown:(

I agree. I'll bet you that before results actually come out, BBC News will be reporting, bright and early, that A-level grades havr plummeted this year. Naturally, every A-level student across the country will have a simultaneous nervous breakdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bazinga123!

biol4 was good actually, i made a few mistakes like getting the wrong biological molecules lol :/ but the rest werent bad...prbs 58 for an A*?
but pls BIOL5 WAS HARD. The hardest paper tbh....no content....hopeful 60 is an A or even 62 at max :frown:( wbu
Original post by Moonstruck16
I agree. I'll bet you that before results actually come out, BBC News will be reporting, bright and early, that A-level grades havr plummeted this year. Naturally, every A-level student across the country will have a simultaneous nervous breakdown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep exactly :frown: like it will be the worst a level performance in many years im assuming, well it predicted to be anyways!!! they put everything in June and majority of the country are not accustomed to this format, so whyy not make exam a lil easier not anything drastic..but at east every exam should be related to what you revised!!!!!! its a joke tbh...and gove being sacked has no impact on our year, hes done his damage to us and left a bit like a one nighter kinda thing..so wont make a difference to us now
Original post by lizziec1996
Just found out my results are in school. They were delivered yesterday ahhhh

whaaat!!!! How did u find tat out????:eek:
Original post by bazinga123!

Loved unit 4 so much... unit 5 was quite hard, mainly because of all the suggest questions! I started counting the "suggest bits" and gave up on number 11... I think i messed up the essay (did the 1st one) quite a bit... hope the boundaries are low :smile:
Original post by XO-BeatZ
whaaat!!!! How did u find tat out????:eek:

Not true

Latest