The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by Kay(:
Oh wow, that's actually really bad :/. My geography teacher got really ill near the end, so I was left to self teach quite a bit of content as we had no cover, that's why I highly doubt I got the A i want :frown:

I self taught my entire Geography A-level using two different revision guides each year. :biggrin:
Original post by Elle333
Mines open at 10! Why so late :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Huh that's horrible!? Maybe it's because track doesn't open till 8 00 am (but that's even a lie) so they cba to open so early but still that's really annoying of them.
Original post by Anonymous #2
It absolutely baffles me how people get such high grades in sciences. I did chemistry and biology at AS and I can genuinely say I tried my absolute hardest but still did awful. In OCR chemistry I got E in unit 1, U in unit 2 and a C in unit 3 which was coursework making a U overall. In biology I got a D in unit 1, a U in unit 2 and an A in unit 3 which was also coursework making an E overall. Seriously well done to anybody who gets a D or more, my brain can't hack it :lol:

Oh gosh don't say that - I only did double science at gcse but biology will from part of my degree course! Well the bits of the anatomy that have to do with speaking anyway. But seriously those who do all science and maths subjects then hats off to ya!
Reply 783
OMG, I just watched episode 1 of that Channel 4 university documentary. I'm now even more scared for univeristy than I was... I'm quite shy and reserved (although when around my friends I'm fine). I'm kinda scared to go out drinking too. I've drank with friends before but never at a club or anything (still 17) ahhh I just feel so inexperienced. I just hope my flatmates are nice and similar to me... :eek:
Original post by AmyPilot
Oh gosh don't say that - I only did double science at gcse but biology will from part of my degree course! Well the bits of the anatomy that have to do with speaking anyway. But seriously those who do all science and maths subjects then hats off to ya!

There's loads of biology in my course (psychology) so I'm really surprised I got an offer given my biology grade.
My best friend does further maths and just watching her do it blows my mind :tongue:
It absolutely baffles me how people get such high grades in sciences. I did chemistry and biology at AS and I can genuinely say I tried my absolute hardest but still did awful. In OCR chemistry I got E in unit 1, U in unit 2 and a C in unit 3 which was coursework making a U overall. In biology I got a D in unit 1, a U in unit 2 and an A in unit 3 which was also coursework making an E overall. Seriously well done to anybody who gets a D or more, my brain can't hack it :lol:

I did chemistry and bio at AS dropped bio ! Got BB in both with abb on the single.I'd say with chemistry you need to *understand* it .It easy to apply the Gcse tactic of just cramming it all in .
With biology I honestly couldn't tell you .I thought I was going to get a U haha,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitzy
OMG, I just watched episode 1 of that Channel 4 university documentary. I'm now even more scared for univeristy than I was... I'm quite shy and reserved (although when around my friends I'm fine). I'm kinda scared to go out drinking too. I've drank with friends before but never at a club or anything (still 17) ahhh I just feel so inexperienced. I just hope my flatmates are nice and similar to me... :eek:

We were talking about that a few pages ago - you are not alone in worrying lol I am 18 but don't do clubs or drinking!
Original post by livealittle
I did chemistry and bio at AS dropped bio ! Got BB in both with abb on the single.I'd say with chemistry you need to *understand* it .It easy to apply the Gcse tactic of just cramming it all in .
With biology I honestly couldn't tell you .I thought I was going to get a U haha,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bloody hell, well done! It was frustrating because I enjoyed the courses and was genuinely interested in them but they were obviously just not for me.
Most people say that about needing to understand chemistry, I think I did but obviously not :lol:
Original post by Vitzy

I just watched it too. There's plenty of people who don't do it! I don't drink, clubs or anything either :smile:
If freshers gets too much for me then I may well disappear home until lectures start - dont live too far away from my chosen unis. Sure you will make friends anyway once it all settles down and classes start - atleast on my course there will only be a smallish group except when I am studying the psychology part. I know someone who has just finished the course and she says its gets to be quite a tight knit group so hopefully it will be the same for you.

All this talk of marking schemes is getting to me too - cant even remember what was on the papers now nevermind what I wrote :confused:

Ahh yeahh thats actually a really good idea! I suppose I could do the same really, just avoid it as I'd be living at home :tongue:
Oh thats good to hear, hopefully it will be the same!

Hahah soo truee! I made it leave my mind as soon as possible as otherwise I'd sit there thinking 'oh no I missed this out' etc :tongue:

Haha no they won't .
Another weirdo right here *raises hand*
I just want to make good friends ,a genuine circle of friends ,I have never had that ,ever .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello fellow weirdo!! :tongue: I'm glad I'm not the only one :tongue:

I had to do "teach yourself psychology" for the last term and a half - not fun! Loads of people seem to have problems with teaching staff this year what's going on???

Oh no! That must have been hard!! I know, I've heard a lot of stories about teachers on tsr this year!!
We were talking about that a few pages ago - you are not alone in worrying lol I am 18 but don't do clubs or drinking!

I'm 18 but in my head I feel like I'm about 13.😬
Everyone else seems sooo grown up but me eeeeepp:0
I think its because my mum and dad have done everything for me I've never had to do anything for myself /by myself :0 scary thought

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vitzy
I self taught my entire Geography A-level using two different revision guides each year. :biggrin:

And you still managed such a good grade!! Well done :biggrin:
Bloody hell, well done! It was frustrating because I enjoyed the courses and was genuinely interested in them but they were obviously just not for me.
Most people say that about needing to understand chemistry, I think I did but obviously not :lol:

*single units*
I'd say I understood chemistry more at A2 ,It made sense ,it just clicked.but I heard bio A2 is vile haha:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same !!
It's like everyone just wants to get laid and pull :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! I'm pretty sure that guy Aiden literally signed up to university because he wanted to get laid and drink whenever he wants -_- don't even get me started on the chlamidya thing lol
*single units*
I'd say I understood chemistry more at A2 ,It made sense ,it just clicked.but I heard bio A2 is vile haha:/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've heard that as well, glad I droppped it.

-----------------------

I saw the programme too, it terrified me. I like drinking and going out and having a laugh but not to that extent. Scared me tbh. I'll be living in Newcastle as well which is renowned for partying so safe to say I'm nervous.
I only look about 13 - you should see the strange looks I get when I am driving!!

My mum has pampered me too so this independent living will be a real shock.

I can relate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ndella
Exactly! I'm pretty sure that guy Aiden literally signed up to university because he wanted to get laid and drink whenever he wants -_- don't even get me started on the chlamidya thing lol

Haha Omg Aiden,I was lost for words.How can you sleep with that many girls in a short space of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
I only look about 13 - you should see the strange looks I get when I am driving!!

My mum has pampered me too so this independent living will be a real shock.

Lol,:0 you can drive? Soo lucky .i want to start learning but first I need to get some money together :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol,:0 you can drive? Soo lucky .i want to start learning but first I need to get some money together :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my mum pushed me to do it as soon as I turned 17 but so she did rather than putting it off. Atleast its done with now and I have a cute little car! You should push yorself to do it its worth it in the end.

Latest