The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This thread is my guilty pleasure. :colondollar:
Original post by DocdoLITTLE
C3 was bearable. c4 was something else this one girl started crying during the exam, it was awful!

Oh ****, one of my friends was sooo close to crying after the C4 exam I felt really bad :frown:.
i totally agree, c4 was just awful! and for sure who doesnt lol, according to my guestimation i should be getting an A in maths but who knows i might end up with a bloody B or C :frown: what you reckon you got?

My aim was A* (maths) A*(law) A(history)
From my guestimations: AAA- BBB
What good uni is going to want BBB

I am stressing so bad :/
Reply 7983
Original post by neal95
No i definitely think i have done better! I had more time to prepare and obviously matured throughout the 2 years so studying and achieving good grades is at the forefront of my mind! put everything in to these exams so hope it pays off! There is no substitute for Hard work!!!

Exactly. Well I hope we get what we want/need
First part of result for me is a week tomorrow. I did a summer school to get my lower grades to get into the uni, find out if i have passed the summer school a week tomorrow!
Original post by Dilzo999
I went to Oxford *10 minuites later, whispers brookes*

PRSOM :rolleyes:

:congrats:
Reply 7986
Original post by imthe12
Thanks, how do you know, is it just info or just a guess?

My firm choice told me that's what they do when people haven't met their offers. I asked them about it during a Q&A session on Facebook.
Original post by DominikS
My firm is Bath, but I'm most likely going to my insurance - Oxford Brookes. I've applied for Architecture :smile:

I got ABBB at AS, but my predicted grades were A*AA - which is my offer for Bath. I got my A in maths last year, so it was my only chance of an A* this year, but the exams went terribly :tongue: I really liked it at Brookes though, I won't be too disheartened if I don't get in hah

Sounds like a cool degree to do. Well done, and good luck hope you get those grades. I'm sure you've done better than you thought you did, chances are if you found the exam hard the grade boundaries will be lower, as everyone did :smile: And that's not too bad then, better than having an insurance you don't really like :smile:
Original post by Ferrari94

Did you sit AQA Law? Are you hoping to do a Law degree? My situation sounds similar to yours.. :redface:
Oh ****, one of my friends was sooo close to crying after the C4 exam I felt really bad :frown:.

Edexcel, really? Was tough but not that bad!

They should have done FP3... then they'd be crying :cool:

the look on everyones faces after we came out of the hall, it was so sad, know i dont think i did too badly but some people were saying that they would be lucky to have an E/D and it was just upsetting really
Reply 7991
Original post by Pj secker
Don't they get our results tomorrow so they have ages to decide and review the entire application?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it tomorrow? Some people have said it's the weekend before the 14th that the unis receive our results.
Original post by Saralouise95
Adult nursing (hopefully!). I just loved Nottingham. It's a gorgeous uni, and I knew I wanted to go to a big city because I've lived in a small village all my life. It's also far enough away from my house to be away but close enough to be able to drive back if I want to, if you know what I mean? :tongue:

Yeah, I hated history too this year! haha but I hated English Lit more so had to drop that instead! Yeah I'm hoping for something similar, if I possibly get ABC i'm hoping they'll be lenient. Although that's unlikely and I know a C is the absolute best that I could have got in chemistry :frown:

Ah don't worry about your reading! I'm sure that after results day you'll be more focused and motivated because it'll be definite about where you're going (because I'm sure you've done well and got your offer!).

Oh right, where do you live? I can't imagine living in a small village! And I kinda get what you mean, even tho I don't drive :P

Omg same, I just wanna know right now! Not fair that the Scots know their results, or will do soon!

Well I stupidly put my Insurance which has higher grades; BBB :frown: so if I dont get BBC and Swansea dont let me in... I really dont wanna end up through clearing (god forbid)
Original post by Lucilou101
You can't possibly think you're going to get an offer. You don't have your AS, you haven't done STEP yet, haven't had an interview or even sent off your ucas.
You can hope for an offer, but currently you have no way of knowing if you will or not. 16.6% chance you will, 83.4% chance you won't!

I have a good idea of what I think I am going to get at AS and you don't do STEP until after you have got your offer.I wouldn't both applying for Cambridge if I wasn't very convinced I was going to get an offer because as a lot of people have said for Maths the offer is the easy part and STEP is the hard part.Your statistics are wrong there is a 39.8% chance I will get an offer so it isn't unreasonable for me to think I am going to get one.Source:http://www.study.cam.ac.uk/undergraduate/apply/statistics/
Original post by Willowbob
Did you sit AQA Law? Are you hoping to do a Law degree? My situation sounds similar to yours.. :redface:

Yes I did aqa law
Years ago I wanted to do law but I have opted to go the finance route so I'm doing accounting and finance at university.
How did u find the aqa exams and what part of the exams did u do
Original post by Ferrari94

your aim is very ambitious i must say! AAA wouldnt be too bad tbh, however i fear i might have BBB too and it does suck because i dont think my Firm choice will accept me with those grade
Original post by Sarao
I did Wuthering Heights for section a on love and violence and thought it was a gift of a question! I was going to do Faustus but the WH one was just too good not to do!
I had a hard time choosing a section b question as they were all so good! But I finally went for the same one as you as it best fitted Faustus, Macbeth and WH.
I hope I've done enough to get atleast a B! I also repeated AS this year as I wasn't happy with getting a C in the exam last year so I really have no idea of what to expect!

haha i loooove wuthering heights although i've never studied it, and that question was pretty incredible! a lot of people at my school complained about the questions being too vague but i thought they were the nicest aqa have given so :')
and yeah section b was great as well, but i love morality questions and had planned a similar essay about a week before the exam so it seemed silly to not write it!
well i wish you good luck and hope you get the b!! i'm hoping to study english lit at university if i meet my offer so i'm hoping i've done well :tongue:
C3 was bearable. c4 was something else this one girl started crying during the exam, it was awful!

Agree. C3 was very similar to past papers, with few tricky bits... C4 was so strange- came out of the exam having no clue how i did. i thought it was tough, but when i checked with the official MS (and Arsey's) i found put i did well:smile: hoping for an A* (otherwise i lost a bet and will need to get a maths tatoo :s-smilie:)
Reply 7998
Original post by Vitzy
I'm freaking out!!! A few UMS marks could be the difference between £4,000 over the course of my degree as a scholarship and NOTHING! It's so scary! I NEED to get AAA or A*AB or above! I won't be content with anything below that, because I will be POOR! :cry2:

I don't even know what I'd do with myself if I got AAB with the B being like 1 UMS away from an A. All that money... gone...

Sorry, I am ranting! I'm not sure if anyone else on here is in the same position as me with a grade based scholarship but it's torture! Damn money, ruins everything... must keep reminding myself that I'm lucky enough to be (hopefully) going to university and should be grateful for the opportunity. But it's hard...

I'm in a similar position. If I get A*AA then I get £1000, but anything less and I get 0 from the uni, and I too will be poor(er) :frown:
So far I have managed to keep my mind off of results but the nightmares are slowly creeping in and I keep over-evaluating how I think I did on each exam. I NEED TO KNOW!!
What's the scariest Results Day nightmare you've had?

Latest