The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i want my results now. Wanna go to uni!! It's killing me!
Original post by _collegegirl
Couldn't be more worried about my AS results. Know I haven't performed as well as I'm capable of under the exam pressure :frown:

But you should consider yourself lucky to an extent because you can re-take whereas for A2 students like myself...this is it.
The only thing that is keeping me from curling up and disappearing right now is the fact that if some of them have gone as bad as I think they have is that there is always the chance to resist as these are my AS results, but I am still really nervous about them just gonna keep myself entertained till the day. Good luck to everyone especially A2 students :smile:
Original post by Simba96
These stupid results day dreams are getting to me. Had one today were I was just about to open my envelope and I just woke up.

Had one before that were I got grades ADD. Give me one week and I'll be in a mental hospital being diagnosed with pre-traumatic results day syndrome. :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had some really weird one today, where basically I was inside some tomb/pyramid and inside there was a door in which I could access my results early and there were clues as to how to open the door, I can't specifically remember how I opened the door but when I read my results my grades were CCC and I needed A*AA for my firm XD.
I haven't had any results dreams yet, but I've been having dreams like I'm in 24 or Die Hard pretty much every night!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dilzo999
I had some really weird one today, where basically I was inside some tomb/pyramid and inside there was a door in which I could access my results early and there were clues as to how to open the door, I can't specifically remember how I opened the door but when I read my results my grades were CCC and I needed A*AA for my firm XD.

Now that is weird

Posted from TSR Mobile
I keep getting the horrible thought that on results day I'm going to load up track and see the word 'unsuccessful' next to firm :frown: I honestly have no idea what I'd do on results day if that was to happen :afraid:. I keep trying to think positive and that I would have managed to get into my firm but then I go back to my negative thoughts :ahhhhh:. The wait for results day is just HORRIBLE!!! :argh::argh:

How is everyone coping?
Original post by Kay(:
I keep getting the horrible thought that on results day I'm going to load up track and see the word 'unsuccessful' next to firm :frown: I honestly have no idea what I'd do on results day if that was to happen :afraid:. I keep trying to think positive and that I would have managed to get into my firm but then I go back to my negative thoughts :ahhhhh:. The wait for results day is just HORRIBLE!!! :argh::argh:

How is everyone coping?

I know how you feel, I'd be absolutely devastated if it happens.
Suppose I wanted to move to another sixth form, would the new sixth form have to do the same exam boards as I am currently doing?
Original post by Kay(:

How is everyone coping?

Dw, u will be fine. Its a painful worry but you completed these exams and hoefully you have done the best you could :smile:. I personally feel alrite but theres a nagging feeling of what if stuff goes wrong.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kay(:

How is everyone coping?

I'm trying to stay positive but all the silly mistakes I made are haunting me .On a scale of 1-10 how confident am I have got into my form? 0
I'm outside the scale.😭 I haven't got in mate :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Personally I found GCSEs to be harder than my AS levels

Probably because I didn't want to do 4/5 of them
Original post by johnfeb
Can't stop thinking about how much I've messed up. I've done 3 years at college doing A levels with nothing to show. There's no point in me going to collect my results because I know I did badly. Highest I can get is A*BD and I know I've got BEE, BDE if I'm lucky because I was arrogant in not resiting two important modules. No university in the world would take me with those grades. Firm want ABB and insurance want 260 points.

Hi I'm sure you'll be fine but if worst comes to worst there are also degrees you can take that include a foundation year. You will still receive the same grant and loan just have to do an extra year at uni.
I had a results day dream a few weeks ago I got a U in Philosophy but I'm dropping it anyway haha
Reply 1394
Are all the papers marked by now?
Original post by AhmedDavid
Are all the papers marked by now?

Doubt it, maybe in the next fortnight though :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who else is taking their mums to results day with them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've had two. Both in which I did not get the grades. One in which the teacher was all smug and he was smirking that I got a U in his subject cos we didn't get along.

The other well results day as in the place I went to collect my results was my local mosque for some reason. I guess I needed as much prayers as possible for the massacre that were my results hahaha
Do people think there will be lower boundaries for AS exams this year due to no Jan modules? I fluffed up physics..

Posted from TSR Mobile
just out of curiosity if you do not meet your university entry grades but the university does not get enough students to fills its places would accept you or would it go into clearing?

Latest