The Student Room Group

a level maths 2014 grade boundaries

Is it just me, or have the exams this year been much tougher compared to last year. I mean one can argue that few modules were straight forward, but comparitively speaking ....
the overall exams so far have been much more difficult.
I think I did reasonably well, however I'm afraid that it didn't go as well as I had planned when preparing with past papers especially last years paper.
The reason I made this post was to know how others did with their exams and whether if the boundaries will be lower than last years.
Yes, The modules have indeed become quite hard, but like other people say, it's because of Michael Gove and making things stricter so less people get A/A* grades.

Personally all exams have been pretty standard except for D1, M1 and FP1. Besides that, all were pretty good. However, I've heard a lot of people all over the shop complain about the exams and if that reflects in how well they've done in the paper, grade boundaries should be quite low this year across the board....
Lots of people from my school are indeed worried about their maths exams as they think they were harder. But I don't think the grade boundaries will be THAT low honestly, most of the questions may have been worded a little differently but they still asked the same thing as the past papers did.

Quick Reply

Latest