The Student Room Group

JUNE 16th and 20th 2014 *OFFICIAL AQA LEVEL 2 CERTIFICATE FURTHER MATHS*

Hi everyone

how is your revision for this exam going?

got any good revision materials or books?(since what's been a common criticism about this exam in my school is the lack of text books)

post here!

I will also be posting an unofficial mark scheme after both exams, along with the help of others taking this exam in my school.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nikhilm
Hi everyone

got any good revision materials or books?(since what's been a common criticism about this exam in my school is the lack of text books)

post here!

I will also be posting an official mark scheme after both exams, along with the help of others taking this exam in my school.

Hey! How are you finding this?
Original post by Super199
Hey! How are you finding this?

Tbh I haven't started revision yet - more interested in the World Cup lol
But I've done the past papers before and they aren't too bad, although there are always a couple of problem solving questions (e.g the proofs) that I find pretty hard. Wbu?
Original post by Nikhilm
Hi everyone

post here!

I will also be posting an official mark scheme after both exams, along with the help of others taking this exam in my school.

Both of the text books available are very good imo

Did you mean unofficial
Original post by Nikhilm
Tbh I haven't started revision yet - more interested in the World Cup lol
But I've done the past papers before and they aren't too bad, although there are always a couple of problem solving questions (e.g the proofs) that I find pretty hard. Wbu?

Lmao im not enjoying the proof questions either. Btw do we have to know about transformation of matrices our teacher went over matrices in about 10 minutes and didn't cover it. It is pretty easy don't see it causing any problems, just the bloody circle theorem question!
Lmao im not enjoying the proof questions either. Btw do we have to know about transformation of matrices our teacher went over matrices in about 10 minutes and didn't cover it. It is pretty easy don't see it causing any problems, just the bloody circle theorem question!

Yeah, but you just have to memorise the transformations so it's fine & the hardest topic for me is the trig graphs, cast diagram stuff!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TenOfThem
Both of the text books available are very good imo
Did you mean unofficial

But i can't find the answers to the questions in the text books anywhere, do you have a link by any chance?
& yeah, sorry
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Nikhilm
But i can't find the answers to the questions in the text books anywhere, do you have a link by any chance?
& yeah, sorry

Which book do you use - we use the Collins Trevor Senior book

The answers are on the collins webpage

http://www.collins.co.uk/product/9780007513208/New+GCSE+Maths+-+Further+Maths+Practice+Book

yep we do, but you can easily work them out by thinking of the unit square
so first you use the one on the x axis which is
and if you wanted, for example, an enlargement by scale factor 3 then you think where would that coordinate now be so
then you do the same with the y axis side so
becomes

so you put them together like:
3 0
0 3

this will work for anything they ask you just think of that and you'll be fine!!

also if it gives you two transformation matrices, then just multiply them together and then the combined matrix by the coordinates
Reply 9
List of topics that might come up on Paper 1?
I'm doing this paper too! I started a little bit of revision 2 days ago, but only today have I started lots of revision, like 6+ hours. I wanted to get an A^, but doing past papers now I can only seem to get an A. We haven't had enough time to even finish the course! There's so much I don't know so I'm trying to cram in revision :biggrin:
Answers to paper 1? For the 5 mark circle theorem did anyone get x=68 and y= 24? I turned it into a simultaneous equation?
Original post by iamastudent123
Answers to paper 1? For the 5 mark circle theorem did anyone get x=68 and y= 24? I turned it into a simultaneous equation?

Yes that is what I got. What did you get for the last one?
I completely failed
When will the answers for paper 1 be out?
Also, I found the last few pages of the exam really difficult
I think that this was a relatively difficult exam
Original post by flexavelli
When will the answers for paper 1 be out?
Also, I found the last few pages of the exam really difficult

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2715126

Unofficial mark scheme ^^. Paper was harder than normal imo, some parts were harder than the C1 paper I sat lmao :tongue:
Yes that is what I got. What did you get for the last one?

I have no idea I found that quite difficult, but I attempted it anyway?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending