The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

International Students 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Coffeetime
Hi! I'm applying this fall for 2015 entry. I'll be studying ancient history. I'm from the United States. Oh. And I'm a "mature" student.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay, a fellow mature student from the States!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by M_Kirk
Yay, a fellow mature student from the States!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi! Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hi! Where are you from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in California, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M_Kirk
I'm in California, yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

North Carolina :smile: How mature are you if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
P.S. Mature makes me sound old.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
North Carolina :smile: How mature are you if you don't mind me asking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. I'm not thrilled about being called mature but, eh... I'm 27

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M_Kirk
I know. I'm not thrilled about being called mature but, eh... I'm 27

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. But since I'm applying this year, I'll be 28 by the time I get over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Me too. But since I'm applying this year, I'll be 28 by the time I get over there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha i'm 23 and I feel old too. I believe most of the students would be like 18. We're all in the same boat!
Reply 28
Well I'll be 26 in September, I guess I qualify among the dinosaurs too! :smile:
Reply 29

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm literally turning 28 on the plane over. What a great way to spend my birthday, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by M_Kirk
I'm literally turning 28 on the plane over. What a great way to spend my birthday, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah. Nothing is more thrilling than being stuck on a plane for hours. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Super mega dinosaur here, from U.S., and from North Carolina.
Original post by ascensions
Super mega dinosaur here, from U.S., and from North Carolina.

Ooo! How mega is mega? And what part of NC?
Oh my, this is getting quite provocative.

My age?

This is when I normally say "how old do I look?", however that's not very fair for you in this situation.

Let's just say I've graduated to two boxes of candles at birthday time.

Oh... and Greensboro.
Oh my, this is getting quite provocative.

My age?

This is when I normally say "how old do I look?", however that's not very fair for you in this situation.

Let's just say I've graduated to two boxes of candles at birthday time.

Oh... and Greensboro.

Haha. I like your response. I'm in Wilmington. What will you be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was just in Wilmington yesterday, went to Bear Island and now I'm burnt to a crisp!!!! So fun though.

I'm studying Public Relations and Global Communications at CF.
(edited 9 years ago)
I was just in Wilmington yesterday, went to Bear Island and now I'm burnt to a crisp!!!! So fun though.

I notice you're a francophone? I graduated with a minor in French this last spring from UNCG, and spent a semester abroad in Brussels, but it's all a work in process. How's your French?

I'm studying Public Relations and Global Communications at CF.

My French is an ongoing process! I'm much better at reading it. I'm hoping once I'm abroad, I can visit France and get some hands on experience. How was Brussels? It looks gorgeous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's great, like home. I actually was admitted into Kent in Brussels for a masters too, but feel like CF is a new adventure... and that's what I need in my life now, something new. It's hard though because I'm trading friends and familiarity for the unknown.

You can definitely do France from Cardiff. I traveled all the time on Ryan air while living in Brussels, and its super easy and cheap. I'm definitely hoping to hit Ireland and Scotland while at Cardiff.... but I'll always love France and Belgium. Make sure you go, you'll love it.
It's great, like home. I actually was admitted into Kent in Brussels for a masters too, but feel like CF is a new adventure... and that's what I need in my life now, something new. It's hard though because I'm trading friends and familiarity for the unknown.

You can definitely do France from Cardiff. I traveled all the time on Ryan air while living in Brussels, and its super easy and cheap. I'm definitely hoping to hit Ireland and Scotland while at Cardiff.... but I'll always love France and Belgium. Make sure you go, you'll love it.

I'm sure I would! I've always wanted to visit France. The idea of picking up and moving to an unknown area is scary, but it's comforting knowing there are others experiencing the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, and I've done it before, so I'm confident everything will be okay.

I'm definitely looking forward to this opportunity, and can't wait to immerse myself in the experience.

Although, I must admit the weirdest part of it all will be speaking English all the time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending