The Student Room Group

Should I appeal my degree classification?

This is all currently to be decided but it's possible that I will end up with a 2.2 final classification due to a clerical error. I am currently averaging 68 with results to come in from three modules which I am fairly confident that I have done well in. However I've had a phone call from the course co-ordinator telling me that I have not submitted a coursework piece worth 20% of one module, which had to be completed to finish the module. The coursework was done and emailed the course co-ordinator on the same day but cannot be marked and now can only be used as evidence that it was completed. The fact is, the coursework was submitted under the wrong Turnitin link and was overwritten by the correct piece of coursework, meaning that there is no record of the first coursework submission.

I have email receipts that confirm two submissions and have forwarded these to the module co-ordinator, however it is looking bleak. Is it possible that the exam board will take the submitted work into consideration (the module is comprised of four pieces of coursework, three of which were submitted correctly) and award an average grade? Or if they decide to assign a 'NC' grade or zero, could I appeal on the grounds that the clerical mistake/grade of this module doesn't represent an otherwise 2.1?

UPDATE
: The exam board is accepting the submission that I made today so it's all good!
Original post by ThorntonStuart
This is all currently to be decided but it's possible that I will end up with a 2.2 final classification due to a clerical error. I am currently averaging 68 with results to come in from three modules which I am fairly confident that I have done well in. However I've had a phone call from the course co-ordinator telling me that I have not submitted a coursework piece worth 20% of one module, which had to be completed to finish the module. The coursework was done and emailed the course co-ordinator on the same day but cannot be marked and now can only be used as evidence that it was completed. The fact is, the coursework was submitted under the wrong Turnitin link and was overwritten by the correct piece of coursework, meaning that there is no record of the first coursework submission.

I have email receipts that confirm two submissions and have forwarded these to the module co-ordinator, however it is looking bleak. Is it possible that the exam board will take the submitted work into consideration (the module is comprised of four pieces of coursework, three of which were submitted correctly) and award an average grade? Or if they decide to assign a 'NC' grade or zero, could I appeal on the grounds that the clerical mistake/grade of this module doesn't represent an otherwise 2.1?

UPDATE
: The exam board is accepting the submission that I made today so it's all good!

Excellent news. :biggrin: Usually admin issues like these can be resolved. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending