The Student Room Group

MSc Occupational Therapy

Hey guys, looking for some advice here.

I want to work in a capacity where I help people and gain a sense of fulfillment from having done so. I want to undertake a post grad course in Occupational Therapy. I know this isn't an all glam career and has it's very bad sides but hey, don't all jobs and careers!

Anyway, I have been looking at courses (I've just graduated from university, with a 2.1 in sport science), and some are just MSc and some are MSc (Pre-Registration). Which is best? I'm assuming pre-registration is, but why?

Also, it asks for a relevant course, and I'm assuming my course is relevant as I have studied physiology, psychology, exercise testing and prescription for health?

I believe that they want some shadowing of an Occupational Therapist done before you begin applying, what would be the best way to go about doing this? As I definitely will need experience in this.

I've been told it is an NHS funded course too, is this true? And does this mean living costs get helped with too, or just the course?

I'm having a year out to save up money for post grad studying, but I'd like to start shadowing, getting information, etc soon.

Anybody have anything else they can tell me about this course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending