The Student Room Group

2015 Graduate Programmes Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by avash27
Hey yeah I got something similar to what you did on the personality and got average on both of the other ones, and I did get contacted for a telephone interview so they're not lying to you :wink:

Speaking of PwC, I had to transfer my application to another vacancy as the original one I applied for closed and filled before I was able to complete my AC, but I just got notification that my transfer was successful and I will be contacted by a member of recruitment to schedule my final interview soon :eek: Fingers crossed it all works out!

How's everyone else faring? Haven't heard back from KPMG to schedule my AC yet so also waiting on them.

Your right :smile:, I did pass the online tests but apparently the special achievement route is only for people who have graduated so they rejected me.

Good luck with your applications ! :smile:
Original post by Tbx
Your right :smile:, I did pass the online tests but apparently the special achievement route is only for people who have graduated so they rejected me.

Good luck with your applications ! :smile:

Oh no, unlucky! :frown: Will you try again next year or in a few months?

Thank you very much and same to you! :smile:
Reply 62
Original post by avash27
Oh no, unlucky! :frown: Will you try again next year or in a few months?

Thank you very much and same to you! :smile:

I think I have left it too late with my applications as I'm passing the online tests only to be rejected without interviews, I am going just focus on the 2 telephone interviews and my degree instead :smile:.
Reply 63
Has anyone done the telephone interview for Close Brothers (Graduate, Asset Management: Investments and High Net Worth)? I would really appreciate your help if you could shed light into the questions that were asked. Also, how did you find the telephone interview?
Hi all, received an offer from PwC for Assurance, so there's some good news! If you have any questions about anything, I'd be happy to help. I also have the KPMG assessment centre next week, if anyone has any tips that would be really great :smile:
Was wondering how long it took people to hear back after completing their KPMG AC.
This happened to me during the numerical test, got to question 18 of 21 when it froze (with 3 mins left on the clock) but the timer kept going and when it reached 0:00 an error screen appeared which I screenshotted and sent to the IT support people. Havent received any responses to this, not even one to say they've received my test, so I really hope this doesn't mean the difference between me passing and failing.
Hi, I had a PwC assessment centre on Tuesday and found out that i had been successful on Friday and was just wondering if anyone knows if they will give any feedback. Unfortunately i was in a lecture and missed the phone call telling me that i had been successful but fortunately they left a voicemail and then emailed me but as of yet i haven't had any feedback. I called then back but unfortunately got trough to voicemail and so am wondering if they give feedback during that phone call or if i should expect an email at some later date, thank you.
Original post by james_OPT
Hi, I had a PwC assessment centre on Tuesday and found out that i had been successful on Friday and was just wondering if anyone knows if they will give any feedback. Unfortunately i was in a lecture and missed the phone call telling me that i had been successful but fortunately they left a voicemail and then emailed me but as of yet i haven't had any feedback. I called then back but unfortunately got trough to voicemail and so am wondering if they give feedback during that phone call or if i should expect an email at some later date, thank you.

You almost certainly won't get feedback. You were successful. In this situation you don't really need it, even if it would be nice to have
Original post by Hedgeman49
You almost certainly won't get feedback. You were successful. In this situation you don't really need it, even if it would be nice to have

I suppose that makes sense, although i was given feedback, all be it generic, after my online testing and telephone interview and when i asked about feedback at the end of my telephone interview she said that that they can't provide specific feedback until after the AC stage. From looking online it seemed that people knew information about what percentile they were in for each of the tests, suggesting that people get some form of feedback, but maybe i read their posts wrong.
Reply 70

Yeah, if you call the recruiter back you should. I passed mine and was still given pretty detailed feedback.

Yep I also passed the PwC assessment center and was given feedback so you should be able to receive it if you call back.
Reply 72
I've been lucky enough to recieve offers from Pwc Assurance, and the civil service fast stream- finance.

Not sure on which to take, opinions would be great :smile:

Also happy to answer any questions.
Reply 73
Original post by Tas321
I've been lucky enough to recieve offers from Pwc Assurance, and the civil service fast stream- finance.

Not sure on which to take, opinions would be great :smile:

Also happy to answer any questions.

Congratuatlions!
Where do you want to be?
both have advantages and disadvantages.

PWC long hours
Civil -qualification is not accounting or CTA
Reply 74
Original post by lolaaks
Congratuatlions!
Where do you want to be?
both have advantages and disadvantages.

PWC long hours
Civil -qualification is not accounting or CTA

Thanks! The civil service one will give me an aca qualification too.

However I think I'll get better experience at pwc, even if isn't nicer hours.
Reply 75
Original post by rhep
Has anyone done the telephone interview for Close Brothers (Graduate, Asset Management: Investments and High Net Worth)? I would really appreciate your help if you could shed light into the questions that were asked. Also, how did you find the telephone interview?

How was your interview? Any tips? I'd be very grateful! Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending