The Student Room Group

first ever console

Scroll to see replies

probably the ps2
The original fat playstation in like 1999

Posted from TSR Mobile
PS1, still have it :biggrin: (Oh, the days of Croc, Harry Potter, Crash Bandicoot and Grudge Warriors, among others).

Possibly also Gameboy Advance with pokemon Sapphire and Ruby.
Sega Mega Drive
Original post by Yasmin25
Sega Mega Drive

So I suppose that you have/had some Sonice games? it was mascot of Sega, if I'm not mistaken.
the ps2 when it was brand new~ when I was 7 in 2000
but the first console I had ever played was *definitely* the PS1 many times before I got my own console
and my first games were spyro and crash bandicoot games; my friend had a ps1 with CTR and I remember going to childrens' play areas/ball pit areas in restaurants at a young age before I owned a console where a ps1 was stationed for the kids to play
I had the Nintendo 64 (still got it) as my first console. It was/is amazing. The games I played most were probably James Bond- Goldeneye, Zelda: Ocarina of Time and a game called Snowboard Kids.
Nintendo 64. I had a lot of good memories playing with this first console.
I played on a super nintendo and pocket gameboy at a family friends house first. However, the first console I owned was a Nintendo 64 which included Super Mario, World Cup 98 and Goldeneye which I still occasionally play currently. Then, I also had a game boy colour too which I loved.
Yes! Super Mario! Is that the one where you're outside Peaches castle? The infinite stairs to Bowser? The penguin race down the ice track?
Goldeneye is amazing, managed to unlock a good amount of the cheats which made it even more entertaining.
Original post by carrotoflies
Yes! Super Mario! Is that the one where you're outside Peaches castle? The infinite stairs to Bowser? The penguin race down the ice track?
(...)

Yeah, that was Super Mario 64. One of the best games for N64. So many good memories, even if it was not my first console which I had played.
Goldeneye is amazing, managed to unlock a good amount of the cheats which made it even more entertaining.

Exactly, Super Mario was awesome. It took Me a long time to get all 120 stars on it and the various caps on the game made it better from the Metal cap to the vanishing and finally the flying cap. I used to hate the Rainbow level though, didnt have the control to complete the challenges and was part of the reason why it took me so long to complete the game.

Goldeneye was quality too, love how basic some of the graphics were but how interesting the game was and how much gameplay they packed into that game. Also, like how it followed the film well as I loved it too.
Reply 52
Atari 2600.

Chopper Command.
Original post by Kallisto
So I suppose that you have/had some Sonice games? it was mascot of Sega, if I'm not mistaken.

Yip I had quite a few Sonic games. Can't remember their names off by heart but I would most likely remember them instantly if I saw or played them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samiz20891
Exactly, Super Mario was awesome. It took Me a long time to get all 120 stars on it and the various caps on the game made it better from the Metal cap to the vanishing and finally the flying cap. I used to hate the Rainbow level though, didnt have the control to complete the challenges and was part of the reason why it took me so long to complete the game.

Goldeneye was quality too, love how basic some of the graphics were but how interesting the game was and how much gameplay they packed into that game. Also, like how it followed the film well as I loved it too.

I'd totally forgot about the caps in the game! I remember the stars frustrating me on so many occasions and the huge feeling of satisfaction I felt when getting them. The Rainbow level seems to be the one where you need patience and control on other Mario games like Rainbow Road on Mario Kart.
My fondest memory from Goldeneye was on the third level (I think) "The Runway" where I used to spend large amounts of time just running people over in the tank.
I'd totally forgot about the caps in the game! I remember the stars frustrating me on so many occasions and the huge feeling of satisfaction I felt when getting them. The Rainbow level seems to be the one where you need patience and control on other Mario games like Rainbow Road on Mario Kart.
My fondest memory from Goldeneye was on the third level (I think) "The Runway" where I used to spend large amounts of time just running people over in the tank.

Yeah they were awesome games Tbf, they were detailed enough to last quite a while, but still really enjoyable.
N64 with Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64, it was a great birthday :smile:
SNES, we still have it and it works, although we sold half of our games,
I also had gameboy black and white and colour which I remember buying at a car boot sale when I was 6, its somewhere in the house with the games too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest