The Student Room Group

Do I mention previous uni experience?

In 2010 I went to uni for the first time but ended up dropping out in 2012, at the beginning of my third year. Obviously I need to mention this in the 'qualifications' section on UCAS as I gained a diploma in higher education from it, but is it something I should mention on my personal statement? If so, should I also mention why I left?

Thanks x
Original post by heleneveline
In 2010 I went to uni for the first time but ended up dropping out in 2012, at the beginning of my third year. Obviously I need to mention this in the 'qualifications' section on UCAS as I gained a diploma in higher education from it, but is it something I should mention on my personal statement? If so, should I also mention why I left?

Thanks x

No, don't. Put it in the other part of the form as you are obliged to do, but your ps should be a positive statement about the future and your new course, not dwelling on the past.
Reply 2
Original post by carnationlilyrose
No, don't. Put it in the other part of the form as you are obliged to do, but your ps should be a positive statement about the future and your new course, not dwelling on the past.

Thank you! I was quite worried as I didn't want to waste my PS talking about past mistakes. Thanks again x
Original post by heleneveline
Thank you! I was quite worried as I didn't want to waste my PS talking about past mistakes. Thanks again x

No problem. Admissions tutors know people make mistakes and move on from them. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending