The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Will I be able to get into a top university with these subjects?

Im so scared that these subjects won't allow me to go to a top univeristy like Birmingham or Aston. Iv choosen History, Sociology, Psychology and Business. I wanted to swap Psychology with English Lit but the sixth form that I want to go to says it doesnt fit in with my time table. What shall I do? I dont want to go to another sixth form...?
Reply 1
Some subjects dont really pay much attention to the subjects you do, mostly its the grades you get that matter the most. But, some subjects do cite having A Levels in certain courses as entry requirements. I`d advise you to search for the courses you want to do on the uni websites you have in mind, and see their requirements. That way if some unis you like want you to have a certain subject, you`re prepared!
Hope that helps :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Take history, English lit, psychology and sociology and you'll be fine.
Reply 3
Original post by Groundearth
Take history, English lit, psychology and sociology and you'll be fine.

Thats what I would be prepared to do, but my stupid sixth form says it doesnt fit in with my time table...it has to be a compromise between History and English Lit. Tanx for the advice though
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Tcool
Thats what I would be prepared to do, but my stupid sixth form says it doesnt fit in with my time table...it has to be a compromise between History and English Lit. Tanx for the advice though

Are you sure there's no way you can take both English lit and history together? All sixth forms I've seen let students take both of these; they're like biology and chemistry, a pair that makes sense to take at the same time.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Groundearth
Are yo sure there's no way you can take both English lit and history together? All sixth forms I've seen let students take both of these; they're like biology and chemistry, a pair that makes sense to take at the same time.

Thats exactly what I thought, I need to at least inquire again. The head of the sixth form said I can't take a levels which are in the "same block" that left me thinking well to those who want to do Science won't things like Chemistry, Biology and Physics be in the same block? Ah well
Reply 6
Isn't this just going to boil down to what you want to do at uni? If you want to do sociology or something then great, but if you want to do chemistry you might want to have a rethink.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending