The Student Room Group

Who are the most dislikeable people in football?

for me - Ronaldo - Terry and Suarez

Scroll to see replies

Agree with Suarez, I just think he's got issues that clearly need to be sorted out before he returns to the football pitch. I can see why people would find Ronaldo irritations- he's slightly obsessive, self centred and has an inflated ego, but I think he can be forgiven for his tremendous ability. I completely disagree with the John Terry mention, yes there is his off the field antics, but I can't understand how that affects his ability on the pitch. His private life is nobody's business. He's perhaps in my opinion one of finest English defenders in recent times, if not one of the best defenders in world football over the last ten years.

I just can't stand players that cheat, so Ashley Young gets a neg from me. Also don't like mercenaries that's the entire Manchester City side disliked. And as a wolves fan, I can't stand Roger Johnson and Jamie O'Hara for the way they have disrespected the club. I also think Mario Ballotelli is just annoying, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks. With Ronaldo's ego, he backs it up of the pitch. Ballotelli is nowhere near the likes of Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema and Van Persie.
Reply 2
Ashley Young
Reply 3
Joey Barton.

Mike Ashley.

Bonus, Adrian Chiles. I know he is just a presenter, but my gosh I'd rather listen to a power tool and watch paint dry than see him 'analysing' the game and having 'banter' on ITV.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by One Man Band
Agree with Suarez, I just think he's got issues that clearly need to be sorted out before he returns to the football pitch. I can see why people would find Ronaldo irritations- he's slightly obsessive, self centred and has an inflated ego, but I think he can be forgiven for his tremendous ability. I completely disagree with the John Terry mention, yes there is his off the field antics, but I can't understand how that affects his ability on the pitch. His private life is nobody's business. He's perhaps in my opinion one of finest English defenders in recent times, if not one of the best defenders in world football over the last ten years.

I just can't stand players that cheat, so Ashley Young gets a neg from me. Also don't like mercenaries that's the entire Manchester City side disliked. And as a wolves fan, I can't stand Roger Johnson and Jamie O'Hara for the way they have disrespected the club. I also think Mario Ballotelli is just annoying, he's nowhere near as good as he thinks. With Ronaldo's ego, he backs it up of the pitch. Ballotelli is nowhere near the likes of Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Benzema and Van Persie.

How are they mercenaries any more than any other team? It's not as though they're not winning trophies, they've just won their second title in 2 years.

I would say the entire Uruguay team for the way they've dealt with the Suarez affair, all the Cameroon, Ghana and Nigeria players for the bonus fiasco and Glen Johnson for his unwarranted arrogance.
On the pitch it has to be Ronaldo, but he seems like a decent guy overall.

Suarez must be the most dislikeable overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Every single Premier League player.
Because before the oil rich people nought City they were just an average PL side, the only reason the likes of Silva, Aguero and Dzeko are playing there is because of the over Inflated salaries they are paid. Yes other clubs have done it in the past, but they had a successful history meaning that their moves were more valid.
I think ronaldo is a pretty decent guy.

I haven't liked messi for years and i've never known why until recently. Long story short he looks like a guy who i went to school with and has similar facial expressions, this guy i went to school with was a smug arrogant prick. Ive disliked messi for ages but untill i bumped into this guy i never knew why.

Cant stand alan pardew and i think he has a disgusting attitude.
Original post by RFET
for me - Ronaldo - Terry and Suarez

Mourinho

----
Huge gap
----

Terry
Suarez
Cole
RVP
Reply 11

That's fine for me. Players job is to do anything they can to win, blame the officials for that one, as he rightly says.
Reply 12
i wouldn't say i dislike cristiano...but i really hate how the name Ronalod is now associated with cristiano ronaldo instead of brazilian ronaldot. When you said Ronaldo 10 years ago, people knew u were talking about one of football's greatest legends, truly an all time great with unrivalled talent, a player who had raw talent and pure skill. Sadly, now Ronaldo is only associated with cristiano ronaldo, and he is quite bad at football, he simply can't shoot at all. his best assets are his fitness, speed, endurance, physical aspects...but he is very very bad at shooting, i've been watching him since his very first game at united and in all this time he still hasnt learned how to shoot properly
Original post by Stinkum
i wouldn't say i dislike cristiano...but i really hate how the name Ronalod is now associated with cristiano ronaldo instead of brazilian ronaldot. When you said Ronaldo 10 years ago, people knew u were talking about one of football's greatest legends, truly an all time great with unrivalled talent, a player who had raw talent and pure skill. Sadly, now Ronaldo is only associated with cristiano ronaldo, and he is quite bad at football, he simply can't shoot at all. his best assets are his fitness, speed, endurance, physical aspects...but he is very very bad at shooting, i've been watching him since his very first game at united and in all this time he still hasnt learned how to shoot properly

lmao, the Ballon D'or winner is 'quite bad at football', you heard it here first

--

Marouane Fellaini
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Stinkum
i wouldn't say i dislike cristiano...but i really hate how the name Ronalod is now associated with cristiano ronaldo instead of brazilian ronaldot.

I think most people understand the difference between Ronalod and ronaldot.
Pepe
Original post by RFET
Suarez

Also Marlon King

Andy Carroll, Rahim Sterling can join as well.
Suarez, Terry, Barton, Davies, Thatcher, Diouf.
Steve Gerrard has spent twenty years whining.

And plus one for Adrian Chiles. Shooting would be too good for him.

Addendum: David Moyes. Shocking just shocking.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by One Man Band

I'm a Huddersfield Town Fan. ooooh to be a terrier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest