The Student Room Group

Problems with Maintenance Grant

Hi all, i think i dun goofed my application or something.

So today, i went on my Student finance today and found out how much i'm getting, well, for the maintenance loan. Somehow my grant was not there and i know that i applied for grant as they wanted evidence from my parents and their income. Yet, my brother has a grant and i don't.

I'm staying optimistic and ringing the helpline tomorrow, might post updates.
If anyone has had the same experience that i'm experiencing, what will be the outcome? Would i have to re apply for a maintenance grant again or the WHOLE application because i can't afford to live uni without having a grant. I'd be dead by a week.

I'm Studying at UCLan if that helps with anything.

All help is appreciated. <3
Hello there! Sorry to hear you're having problems with SF! *shakes fist* I know it's annoying. I didn't qualify for a grant in my first year- so I can't offer advice on that, HOWEVER I had problems with my maintenance loan. You might have to re fill in some paperwork again, like I did (SIGH) but after that everything went pretty smoothly and the extra money was in my bank within a week or so :smile:

I would definitely get on the phone to them first thing- make sure it is you ringing though and not a parent, as they're pretty iffy about that- I've heard they refuse to speak to parents etc XD

Good luck, but do know you're not the only one out there, it happens all the time! I knew someone who's paperwork was lost and didn't get any money till christmas!!
Hey! So iv'e got in touch with the Student Finance people. First part when i rang them told me they are re assessing again based off my parents income.

Then i rang again (which was lucky) and they said that they can't see any details in which my parents have signed for, however they are in the system with my brother, so they are going to link their details to mine since they have been provided on my Brothers account. So i'll probably get the same or close to what he has got from the finance and i should find out in 7 to 10 days. THANK GOD. (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending