The Student Room Group

Got a 2:2 in my degree. Am I good enough for grad entry medicine?

Unfortunately, by over-loading my self with extra curricular I got a 2:2 in my degree in Biomedical Science at the University of Warwick. :frown:

I know that this now only leaves me with the GAMSAT universities and at this moment in time I am considering applying for Notts university. But does the 2:2 hinder my chance getting in when I'll be competing with pHD/postgrad/more-experienced students.

I have done a ton of health related experience, working as HCA for a year, becoming a trained phlebotomist, volunteering in India, shadowing doctors and work in care homes.
Also attending global youth conferences, and coordinating TEDx Warwick and TEDx Leicester.

But the 2:2 is a real bummer, so should I even consider applying?
Reply 1
Only you can answer that question. No point in asking people here. It's not impossible, even if a lot of options are no longer available.
Reply 2
For SGUL - it doesn't matter if you have a 2.2 or a 2.1. That's the requirement and it's the GAMSAT result that decides if you get an interview or not. Degree result isn't considered any further.

Nottingham ask for 5 points higher on the GAMSAT if you have a 2.2 but again that's how far they take it.

The main problem is that you can only apply for 2 graduate courses with a 2.2 unless you can afford a 5 year course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending