The Student Room Group

Respect to this man, what would you do in his position?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by manchesterunited15
90% of people say they'd have done the same

lol i doubt it

LOL I know haha, nearly everyone is confidently saying they will. Personally tbh I'm not sure I would help, would depend on many other circumstances.

Would you?
The article keeps calling the offender, "The Beast". It's weird. Good on that guy, though. I don't know what I would do in that situation.
Original post by 123formyabc
LOL I know haha, nearly everyone is confidently saying they will. Personally tbh I'm not sure I would help, would depend on many other circumstances.

Would you?

Yeah, but I'm bigger than most people. That 90% would have included plenty who are small and easily overpowered. Would you?
Damn immigrants. Coming over our country, saving OUR women from being raped
90% of people say they'd have done the same

lol i doubt it

I think you'd be surprised.
Reply 25
Wtf does it have to do with his religion. DAMN ****ing idiots

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TolerantBeing

90% of men, maybe
Selfish of the woman I suppose not to report it but entirely understandable straight after the incident, it has presumably now been reported.

It isn't cynical to sell the story, since Abdull is now going to get the thanks he deserves through people's plaudits, which he seems too modest to have sought himself - and since greater awareness that there are rapists active in that Glasgow park may well end up saving other women.

Furthermore, I would not begrudge the woman the opportunity to get some unofficial compensation for her trauma via payment for the article. Though I would very much hope she offered to share the proceeds with Abdull.
Yeah, but I'm bigger than most people. That 90% would have included plenty who are small and easily overpowered. Would you?

Hench guy :P
I'm not big atm but going gym, but would depend on whether I thought I could take him down.
Original post by 123formyabc
Hench guy :P
I'm not big atm but going gym, but would depend on whether I thought I could take him down.

*6'2 master race*

Yeah same, if he was massive I wouldn't run straight over I'd get help or something, I just meant chances are he'd be smaller than me.
Reply 30

I think you'd be surprised how many people would intervene in that exact situation. Obv if man had a ting on him and a couple greezy looking Road men I aint on dat

Despite being the manlet I am I couldn't just jog past and let her get raped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
I think you'd be surprised how many people would intervene in that exact situation. Obv if man had a ting on him and a couple greezy looking Road men I aint on dat

Despite being the manlet I am I couldn't just jog past and let her get raped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was mostly thinking of girls really. Chances are if a female ran up to help she'd just get knocked out.
Original post by TolerantBeing

Aye I imagine very few wouldn't intervene, also folks have to remember intervening doesn't necessarily mean fly kicking the guy, it could mean shouting at him and saying the police are on their way. I'm know I'd probably come off worse, I'd ring 999 right away while shouting, as soon as I'd got them saying they were sending a car, I'd run in and intervene. Yeah I might get floored, but can't blame a guy for trying and it disrupts his plan completely, hopefully if he was able to overpower me I'd be able to take a chunk out of him first, underdog must fight dirty.

Anyway the type of guy lurking in the bushes wanting to grab a woman at night isn't exactly planning to having to fight another guy, even if he is stronger, since the women could run away or even help her rescuer depending on her state of mind. Also it's not as if he can go and deal with you then grab the girl and rape her if you've been on the phone to the police and said there's a rape in progress and he knows this, he'll want to get out of there ASAP, hope neither of you can ID him due to it being dark, and try his luck another night.

Seems sort of odd she didn't want to report it to the police, suppose she just wanted to forget about it but you have to think of other potential victims if you don't come forward.
Original post by fojodef
ah yea its two different guys. i lost track with their overuse of the word beast.

im talking about this bit

"The beast who carried out the attack is described as being aged between 35 and 45, about 5ft 7ins tall, and overweight, with a tanned, Mediterranean or Asian complexion."

How did you deduce that that's a Muslim from that description. You got quite a creative imagination there
Reply 34
I was mostly thinking of girls really. Chances are if a female ran up to help she'd just get knocked out.

Lol true dat brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wouldn't do the same, I would call the police - I'm not strong enough to fight off a man
No doubt he will be arrested for assault in todays politically correct Britain.
Reply 37
Respect to him. I agree that's what I should do, probably wouldn't though. This guy was relatively large, while I'm a 113lb 5'9'' beanpole.
Original post by fojodef
quite a lot actually. and no i didnt say muslims only. i said they have a over representation of it. meaning like 1 in 10 brits rape vs 3 in 10 pakistanis.

how many non muslim pakistanis have u met? lets not tickle eachothers balls and dance around in the world of what ifs.

Stop changing your point. This is what you said in your original post:

'sadly it looks like she was being raped by another muslim man'

Now you're saying it's a pakistani (which is an equally absurd point, but let's leave that to a side). You had no evidence it's a Muslim but you jumped the bandwagon.

The issue is how on earth could you say with certainty that it was a Muslim? Your reasoning is bewildering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending