The Student Room Group

Do I have to go to my insurance choice?

Hi all,

After some careful long consideration, I have decided that I do not want to go to my insurance choice anymore. After some long thinking I no longer want to do my chosen course at my insurance as that's not the career path I would like to follow. Both of my chosen courses/uni's require DDM and a C in both Maths and English. Just waiting on results day.

Am I compelled to go to my insurance? As it would be pointless doing a course I no longer want to do and would rather them offer it to someone who actually wants to do it. I have looked at other courses and they require a B in Math and I only have a C.

Is their a process I have to follow, after looking around I'm extremely concerned as if I say the wrong thing then I could drop my application all together - Which I do not want to do! I just want to go to my firm and if I don't get in, do a HNC at my local college and re-apply next year hoping to better my grades.

Sorry if it's all confusing, I am just really concerned.

Thanks,

Kieran :smile:
Original post by Zingy129
Hi all,

After some careful long consideration, I have decided that I do not want to go to my insurance choice anymore. After some long thinking I no longer want to do my chosen course at my insurance as that's not the career path I would like to follow. Both of my chosen courses/uni's require DDM and a C in both Maths and English. Just waiting on results day.

Am I compelled to go to my insurance? As it would be pointless doing a course I no longer want to do and would rather them offer it to someone who actually wants to do it. I have looked at other courses and they require a B in Math and I only have a C.

Is their a process I have to follow, after looking around I'm extremely concerned as if I say the wrong thing then I could drop my application all together - Which I do not want to do! I just want to go to my firm and if I don't get in, do a HNC at my local college and re-apply next year hoping to better my grades.

Sorry if it's all confusing, I am just really concerned.

Thanks,

Kieran :smile:
Just call your insurance and tell them you no longer wish to go there. They will remove you from their list and inform Ucas. If you don't make the grades for your firm, you will then enter clearing straight away and can go from there on results day.
No, they can't force you to go there. Though if you're sure you don't want to go to your insurance, you should tell them in advance of results day so there's no delay if you're using Clearing.
Reply 3
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Just call your insurance and tell them you no longer wish to go there. They will remove you from their list and inform Ucas. If you don't make the grades for your firm, you will then enter clearing straight away and can go from there on results day.

Okay thankyou very much for your reply. Is there anything specific I have to say? Or just ring them and tell them that I no longer wish to go there?

I like the Uni but not the course and the course I actually want to do, I don't meet the grades for.

Thanks,

Kieran
Okay thankyou very much for your reply. Is there anything specific I have to say? Or just ring them and tell them that I no longer wish to go there?

I like the Uni but not the course and the course I actually want to do, I don't meet the grades for.

Thanks,

Kieran
Just be clear and honest. They are professionals and are used to this happening all the time. No need to be afraid.:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Potally_Tissed
No, they can't force you to go there. Though if you're sure you don't want to go to your insurance, you should tell them in advance of results day so there's no delay if you're using Clearing.

Okay thankyou for you reply, do I just ring them and say I no longer want to go there? Or do I mention that I don't want to do the course but don't meet the grades for the one I want to do?

Thanks,

Kieran
Reply 6
Just be clear and honest. They are professionals and are used to this happening all the time. No need to be afraid.:smile:

I really appreciate your help!

I'll ring them tomorrow and get it sorted and say that I no longer want to do the course but don't meet the grades for the other course. They way I'm being honest and truthful :smile:

Thanks,

Kieran
Okay thankyou for you reply, do I just ring them and say I no longer want to go there? Or do I mention that I don't want to do the course but don't meet the grades for the one I want to do?

Thanks,

Kieran

Start out by saying your plans have changed and you no longer want to do the course. You could make enquiries about the possibility of being considered about the other course if you like. If that doesn't go your way, you can then ask to be let go from the university completely.
Reply 8
Start out by saying your plans have changed and you no longer want to do the course. You could make enquiries about the possibility of being considered about the other course if you like. If that doesn't go your way, you can then ask to be let go from the university completely.

I'll ring their Admissions department tomorrow and tell them. Have been really worried about it all lately, thinking that I am forced to go there. I really appreciate your help carnationlilyrose! Thinking I have been panicking for nothing.

Thanks,

Kieran
I'll ring their Admissions department tomorrow and tell them. Have been really worried about it all lately, thinking that I am forced to go there. I really appreciate your help carnationlilyrose! Thinking I have been panicking for nothing.

Thanks,

Kieran

My pleasure. You have been worrying for nothing, certainly. This kind of thing happens all the time. No university wants students who have to be dragged there. If you let them know before results day, you are freeing up a place for someone who does want to go there. Maybe the karma from this will work in your favour! Good luck.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending