The Student Room Group

My firm has lower grade boundaries than my insurance? Swapping choices help

Hello! I realised after about a month of confirming my firm and insurance that I actually would much rather go to my insurance due to the costs and prioritising my well-being and enjoyment of the course. My current firm is a course that is extremely demanding and wouldn't allow me to balance a part-time job, social life and the course itself (my maintenance loan wouldn't be able to fully cover my rent) but would provide me with great opportunities, whilst my insurance is a course I didn't originally even plan to take but have grown to really like and would allow me to do all the things the firm doesn't minus the opportunities

I am in a bit of a pickle though cause the choice I now want to go to actually has lower grade requirements than my current firm, so if I were to swap it I basically wouldn't have an insurance choice.

I still like my firm but I prefer my insurance so I was wondering if it'd be in my best interest to essentially put all my eggs in one basket or stick with my current set-up.

All advice is appreciated
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 1
If you want to switch F & I choices :

Think carefully - then phone UCAS.

They will tell you if they have 'blanket' permission from your two Unis to do such switches or that you need to email one or both to ask them to phone UCAS to give their permission.

Once all of that is in place, you get the switch. It sounds complicated but its usually very straightforward and its almost unknown for any Uni to say No.

Just make sure that this really is what you want to do before you make that first phone call to UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
If you want to switch F & I choices :

Think carefully - then phone UCAS.

They will tell you if they have 'blanket' permission from your two Unis to do such switches or that you need to email one or both to ask them to phone UCAS to give their permission.

Once all of that is in place, you get the switch. It sounds complicated but its usually very straightforward and its almost unknown for any Uni to say No.

Just make sure that this really is what you want to do before you make that first phone call to UCAS.

Thank you! I've been able to think about it over the past few weeks and plan on giving myself some more time to think it over and getting advice from teachers and parents.

I plan to make the call by June 14th so that I've really gone through the choices

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending