The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
Who to get, Mignolet, Skrtel or Sterling?

I'd aim to get Skrtel and Sterling in if you don't have a LIV def/mid already.
Original post by DH1'
I think a Liverpool defender is necessary, same for Chelsea and also Hazard and Sterling. I'll also be maxing out, think it's worth a -8 as i feel it's a bigger risk to go without and they have decent fixtures after the dgw too.

Yeh I've taken an 8 as well. Its worth the risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Yeh I've taken an 8 as well. Its worth the risk.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Without a doubt.

Any DGW involving Chelsea is worth a hit :tongue:
I've only taken a -4 hit. I don't like taking hits at the end if the season and one of Chelsea's games is away to Arsenal so you can't really expect anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Depends on what Liverpool cover you have already

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by asr11
I'd aim to get Skrtel and Sterling in if you don't have a LIV def/mid already.

Got Henderson only. Also likely to keep that player beyond the DGW.
Does anyone know how long Silva will actually be out for? I've read in places that the injury isn't serious but does this mean he'll be back this week itself? Also, out of him and Chadli, who should i take out for Sterling?
Original post by Undisclosed 15
I've only taken a -4 hit. I don't like taking hits at the end if the season and one of Chelsea's games is away to Arsenal so you can't really expect anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh? Mourinho always beats Wenger. They won't lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Eh? Mourinho always beats Wenger. They won't lose.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Last season this fixture ended 0-0......

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Last season this fixture ended 0-0......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which proves my point entirely. Wenger has mever beaten Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Which proves my point entirely. Wenger has mever beaten Mourinho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But there's no guarantee of getting a lot of points from hazard fabregas etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it worth taking silva out to get in 2 DGW players (fab and moreno). I can get him back next week by doing a -4. -4 this week too

Anyone else taken out silva? If many people still have him may have to rethink
(edited 9 years ago)
How many double GWers are people going for?

So far I have Hazard, Fabregas, Sturridge and Bruce but I guess I could bring in a couple more..?
Original post by Zerforax

So far I have Hazard, Fabregas, Sturridge and Bruce but I guess I could bring in a couple more..?

Gone with 9 lol. Wildcarded last week so getting them in was easy

Posted from TSR Mobile

5 atm, could go for 6.
Not sure if I should do 2 transfers this week. Obviously I'd lose 4 points but considering whether it'll be worth it.

Definite switch:
Silva -> Sterling

Not sure who to get rid of/bring in out of these 2 possiblities:
Elia -> Henderson
Hutton -> Skrtel

Team will be:
Myhill
O'Shea Terry Bertrand
Hazard Bolasie Coutinho Sterling
Murray Aguero Kane

And then if i bring in henderson, Bolasie, Murray or Kane would drop to my bench. If I brought in skrtel, O'Shea would drop to my bench.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by dylantombides
Not sure if I should do 2 transfers this week. Obviously I'd lose 4 points but considering whether it'll be worth it.

Definite switch:
Silva -> Sterling

Not sure who to get rid of/bring in out of these 2 possiblities:
Elia -> Henderson
Hutton -> Skrtel

Team will be:
Myhill
O'Shea Terry Bertrand
Hazard Bolasie Coutinho Sterling
Murray Aguero Kane

And then if i bring in henderson, Bolasie, Murray or Kane would drop to my bench. If I brought in skrtel, O'Shea would drop to my bench.

Get skrtel. You already have 2 pool mids. They have had an amazing defensive record second half of season or so so it would be a shame not to capitalise on that. Sunderland are way too unreliavle for clean sheets too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I lost track of FF this year, when I went to china in febuary - missed two game weeks.. and never really got back into the swing of it after..

Kind of depressing that I am pretty much in the exact same league position as I was back then, now.. may weeks later with no captain changes or subs..

7, the only reason was I had to use 2 transfers to take Sturridge out else it would have been 9 (3 Liv, Che and Lei... not going near Hull).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sod it.. took an 8 point hit.
Have to bench two of Silva, Clyne, Kane and Giroud. **** this is hard! Silva has an easy fixture, Clyne could easily keep a CS, if Arsenal do anything it will be through Giroud and I don't dare bench Kane as everyone owns him. Even playing Myhill or Ospina is a tough decision as Myhill could easily get save points.

Hopefully i've got this right :colondollar: Will be so annoyed if Sturridge ends up starting both games, i've only had to take an 8pt hit to lose him

Quick Reply

Latest