The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Official Brunel Accommodation Thread

Where are you living next year? In halls or off campus?

I have noticed there have been lots of questions about undergrad and postgrad accommodation recently so I thought I'd try to get us all on the same hymn sheet, as the expression goes.

Hopefully this can be a place where current students can share their advice about the best and cheapest accommodation, and what to watch out for housing-wise :smile:
I finished in Bishops Complex this year. As far as student accomodation goes, and for the price (in London); there's very little to fault.

The rooms are a nice size (I might be able to fig up a few pictures tomorrow) and they are of good quality. The ensuites are perfectly fine though the shower tended to overflow leaving a few mm of water on the floor which you need to leave the door slightly open to evaporate off or else it'll go stale. I personally found the heating to be a little on the warm side but that's subjective. The beds are pretty nice and weekly undersheet and pillowcase change is provided at no charge though you need to go get it yourself. The kitchens are really quite nice with two cookers and ample cupboard space (two cupboards each). There was one large and one small each of a fridge and freezer. There is an iron and ironing board provided but the iron is only a cheap one so I'd advise bringing your own nice one if you have expensive clothes (I didn't but you know). Laundry is a bit expensive but that' a problem uni-wide. The walls while not paper thin do let a lot of sound through. You're provided with 4 power sockets and 1 ethernet socket in each room and wifi is pervasive throughout the buidling. The cleaners have a habit of putting your stuff in odd places if you don't put it away; but their cleaning s very good. The fire alarm (at least in our flat) is quite sensitive and deafeningly loud. Security is very good; you need 1 ID card and two keys to get into your room. Parties will only be stopped if someone else calls security usually.

All in all if you can get in Bishops it's very nice. Any more questions I can try and answer.

EDIT: Pics (the walls don't bend, they were taken with a fisheye adapter lens).
(edited 9 years ago)
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
nope
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by syntr
Hi, I hope I can ask this here.. Does anyone want to share a flat or house? Looking for something up to 350pm. If so, please get in touch:smile:

Hi I just finished 2nd year at Brunel and lived in a student house... In the area 350 won't get you very far I'd say up it to 400... Bu t overall halls will be cheaper as you don't pay for the whole year (unlike student houses) and bills are obviously included.... Plus no travel costs....why do you think most 3rd years (including myself) move back into halls 3rd year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending