The Student Room Group

Help clearing advice?

Hi I am currently wanting to study nursing this year. Unfortunately I am holding no offers, its a long story (basically I have used up my 5 offers by applying to a range of courses including adult nursing, but had got rejected due to predicted grads etc.and even applied through extra for a foundation year since my predicted grades and to mental health nursing which I had created another personal statement for, with no luck I had got rejected for that as well due to my personal statement[COLOR="#505050"]. As I am aware nursing is extremely competitive and I usually get told that it will probably not come into clearing. Now that I have completed my btec and had done quite well I just need to wait for my AS ICT result on 14th August. Do you know nursing is likely to come up into clearing, or even other health courses such as physiotherapy and etc.?:confused:
Additionally because of my experience I am feeling depressed as I have got the work experience, hopefully achieve the qualifications to fulfill the entry requirements which I will find out on results day and I am not currently in holding any offers as I have been through and had a horrible experience I really want to go to university this year as I am ready and deserve to go and need to go. Do you have any advice? Thanks
Nursing is competitive but if you don't have the grades you'll have to resit.
You need to sort out what is wrong with your application to be rejected so often, and put that right before you are likely to get offers. It is possibly more than the grades. Work experience is vital and you won't be considered without the right sort for your application, so look at that carefully. I suspect you will be unlucky in clearing, and that is probably not a bad thing as it allows you a year to get your head together, correct what is wrong with your application and make a considered decision instead of rushing into just any health related course for the sake of going to university this year.
You have no offers because you applied for a range of courses, which you probably showed the admissions tutors through your personal statement. The nursing admissions tutors want to see you are committed to adult nursing and adult nursing only, not something else you might like to do. The NHS pays all the tuition fees and gives you more free money in the bursary, so that's another reason why you need to show commitment. Nurses have to be committed to their jobs, and when they qualify it's not good if in the back of their minds they still want to be a paramedic/physiotherapist or whatever. It's not fair on the patients if they're being looked after by somebody who doesn't really want to be there and isn't 100% committed, as well as being looked after by a nursing student whose heart isn't really in it.

There are usually places for nursing in clearing, but you will still have to go to an interview and sit the English and maths tests.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks for everyone for your advice:smile: I will just have to wait to I'll results day and see what happens which I am dreading:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending