The Student Room Group

What are my options for medicine please help

I am definitely going to drop a grade on the AAA front for AS.
I was it wondering wether it would be a good idea to defer or apply for other courses other than medicine this year and wait to see my final A2 results and if they meet the requirement, take a gap year and then re-apply...is this a good idea?
Original post by LewisAsh
I am definitely going to drop a grade on the AAA front for AS.
I was it wondering wether it would be a good idea to defer or apply for other courses other than medicine this year and wait to see my final A2 results and if they meet the requirement, take a gap year and then re-apply...is this a good idea?

Wait till results day and see what your grades are. Then, discuss with the medicine advisor at your school so you make the best informed decision. :smile:

That's what I think you should do anyway.
Get AAA at A2 and apply anyway. AAB at AS isn't the end of the world for medicine.
Yea, a lot of universities don't look at AS, so don't worry. Just make sure you get AAA A2, and look at which unis don't take AS into account - AAB isn't mad. I know people who got Cs at AS and still got into medicine:smile:
Reply 4
Thanks guys this has all been very helpful, so overall I should focus on my final A2 grades?
Thanks guys this has all been very helpful, so overall I should focus on my final A2 grades?

Yep! Get the best grades you can, and make sure you rock the other parts of your application, and you'll be in a much better position when you apply. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yep! Get the best grades you can, and make sure you rock the other parts of your application, and you'll be in a much better position when you apply. :smile:

Thanks a lot!:smile: and I'm going to use my gap year to get more experience and d volunteering to strengthen my application :smile::smile:

yup! get good predictions, good work experience, a killer personal statment and revise for admissions tests and you'll be fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending