The Student Room Group

Nhs tuition fees

Hi,i'm starting adult nursing course at napier edinburgh university this year,i'm not eligible for SAAS funding support because i'm an european student and i've never lived in theUK.I was wondering if I would be eligible for NhS but i didn't understand if my course is funded.i mean does it depend on the University?or all nurses course are Nhs funded in the Uk?
THANKS
Original post by kinsus
Hi,i'm starting adult nursing course at napier edinburgh university this year,i'm not eligible for SAAS funding support because i'm an european student and i've never lived in theUK.I was wondering if I would be eligible for NhS but i didn't understand if my course is funded.i mean does it depend on the University?or all nurses course are Nhs funded in the Uk?
THANKS

I think its best you contact the university as they will be able to help you and put you in touch with the nhs helpline in regards to funding etc :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by kinsus
THANKS

If you go onto the NHS website there is a lot of information about funding for nursing students on there :smile: Also, for specific universities, look at their nursing page. Quite often the universities will have a link to the NHS page on funding that relates to the university you are looking at. If there's no link, some unis may tell you on the page, or if not, I agree with the person above - ringing them is a good plan :smile:
Funding for nursing students in Scotland is dealt with very differently to the rest of the UK, the NHS bursary sites are generally aimed towards students studying in England/Wales so aren't the most helpful. The best people to contact would be SAAS who deal with the finance for all nursing courses in Scotland and can give you specific advice about whether you're eligible for any help from them. Page 5 of the PDF below has some of the eligibility information.

http://www.saas.gov.uk/_forms/nmsb_notes.pdf
Reply 4
Hi, I'm starting adult nursing at Napier too! From what I understand we are funded differently, we get a bursary instead of a loan, funded by the nhs but it's still done through saas. Give Napier a call and they might be able to help you out! funding is so confusing.
xx
Reply 5
Original post by emaham
Hi, I'm starting adult nursing at Napier too! From what I understand we are funded differently, we get a bursary instead of a loan, funded by the nhs but it's still done through saas. Give Napier a call and they might be able to help you out! funding is so confusing.
xx

Many thanks:smile:
Reply 6
Has anyone found that they are getting way less money than expected from their NHS bursary?
Because when I did the calculator it said I was entitled to around 5k. I know the calculator is only a rough guess, but my application was accepted today and apparently I only get around 2k which is a hell of a lot less than I had anticipated, and means my parents are going to have to put a lot of money towards me going to university.

Quick Reply

Latest