The Student Room Group

Any classical music lovers?

Hey :smile: Which classical music pieces do you listen to the most?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Claire de lune - Debussy
Gymnopedie 2 - Erik Satie
Symphony 7, Movement 2 - Beethoven
4 seasons - Vivaldi
Reply 3
Original post by lilacunicorn
Claire de lune - Debussy
Gymnopedie 2 - Erik Satie
Symphony 7, Movement 2 - Beethoven

I've never listened to those, but I definitely will!! Thank you!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dvorak's New World Symphony. Especially the final movement. Favourite classical piece.
Reply 5
Original post by geneticist
4 seasons - Vivaldi

An amazing piece, I've listened to the whole thing soooo many times but I still like the "spring" part the most :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Tom_green_day
Dvorak's New World Symphony. Especially the final movement. Favourite classical piece.

I will make sure to listen to that one :smile: Thank you so much!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Claire de Lune (Debussy) Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven) and my favourite piece of classical music is Canon in D (Pachelbel) :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by happysmile
Claire de Lune, Moonlight Sonata and my favourite piece of classical music is Canon in D (Pachelbel) :biggrin:

Moonlight sonata is the best!! :smile: And thank you for the rest, I'll make sure to listen to them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Beethoven
J. Rutter: Suite Antique
Sibelius: Violin Concerto
various stuff by Dvorak, Shostakovich, Chopin, Brahms, Mahler...
These are all the ones I listen to quite regularly:

Beethoven Symphonies 5 and 6
Pavane by Faure
Jupiter by Holst (the whole planets suite is quite good too)
Mozart symphonies 25 and 40 and another piece called The Marriage of Figaro (?), it's only like 4 minutes long
Dvorak symphonies 8 and 9
Schubert symphonies 5 and 8
Chopin raindrop prelude
Ludovico Einaudi's Primavera and I Giorni
And I really like Comptine d'un autre ete by Yann Tiersen

(not sure some of these are exactly 'classical' music but they're instrumental :tongue:)

There are other really good pieces out there but these are my favourites :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Brahm's Hungarian Dances. And I have a soft spot for Beethoven in general. On iTunes you can get albums for each of the most prominent classical composers with 100 of their pieces, the price ranging from $5.99-$7.99 per album, and just play it all day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by melody19
These are all the ones I listen to quite regularly:

Beethoven Symphonies 5 and 6
Pavane by Faure
Jupiter by Holst (the whole planets suite is quite good too)
Mozart symphonies 25 and 40 and another piece called The Marriage of Figaro (?), it's only like 4 minutes long
Dvorak symphonies 8 and 9
Schubert symphonies 5 and 8
Chopin raindrop prelude
Ludovico Einaudi's Primavera and I Giorni
And I really like Comptine d'un autre ete by Yann Tiersen

(not sure some of these are exactly 'classical' music but they're instrumental :tongue:)

There are other really good pieces out there but these are my favourites :biggrin:

OMG YES YES YES ALL OF THEM ARE SO AMAZING especially Ludovico Einaudi's Primavera and many more omg This is great, you are great!! Thank you!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love classical music, among my favourites are Shostakovich's Second Waltz, Chopin's Etude in E major, Beethoven's 9th Symphony (especially the 2nd movement) and Moonlight Sonata :smile:
Original post by sneakysquirrel
Brahm's Hungarian Dances. And I have a soft spot for Beethoven in general. On iTunes you can get albums for each of the most prominent classical composers with 100 of their pieces, the price ranging from $5.99-$7.99 per album, and just play it all day.

Which Hungarian Dance is your favourite? I love Nos. 5 and 7 personally :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by rainbow.panda
I love classical music, among my favourites are Shostakovich's Second Waltz, Chopin's Etude in E major, Beethoven's 9th Symphony (especially the 2nd movement) and Moonlight Sonata :smile:

Hey I really like your taste in music :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which one's your favourite? I love Nos. 5 and 7 personally :smile:

For Beethoven? Definitely Egmont, Op. 84: Overture in F Minor and No. 5 as well.
Original post by Gozal
Hey I really like your taste in music :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :biggrin: I find classical music to be a breath of fresh air with all the ****e that's in the charts these days!
Thank you :biggrin: I find classical music to be a breath of fresh air with all the ****e that's in the charts these days!

Hear, hear!

Quick Reply

Latest