The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athena97
Has anyone had an interview yet? Were they friendly? Was it quite academic or more personal statement based? I've got one on Wednesday and I am panicking!

Your probably best looking back at last years thread! because as much as people on here are really lovely, I doubt they would give out much advice about interviews because it would give you an unfair advantage.

Its harsh I know, but I doubt you would be running out of your interview and would comment every single question you were asked on here, because that would give candidates interviewed later on a lot of material to go off and they could prepare model answers!

honestly the threads from last year are great, go check them out.
Reply 781
Original post by rosesmart
English was my A and B

It's the English Language that counts.
Original post by beansontoast92
A or B??
if its an A then you have 26 points and if its a B you have 25 points

English lit was B and English language was A so im guessing its 26 in total!
Original post by joolsm
It's the English Language that counts.

Thanks!!!
English lit was B and English language was A so im guessing its 26 in total!

yep correct its 26 :smile:, congrats, and goodluck:smile:
Reply 785
Original post by Tronick
I love you.

I love you too.

What have I done to deserve that?
Original post by Natalierm2707
Your probably best looking back at last years thread! because as much as people on here are really lovely, I doubt they would give out much advice about interviews because it would give you an unfair advantage.

Its harsh I know, but I doubt you would be running out of your interview and would comment every single question you were asked on here, because that would give candidates interviewed later on a lot of material to go off and they could prepare model answers!

honestly the threads from last year are great, go check them out.

Sorry, I didn't mean 'tell me the questions you got asked' but more general things e.g. How relaxed/friendly is the interview. Thanks for the advice though, I will check out last years thread!
Original post by Athena97
Sorry, I didn't mean 'tell me the questions you got asked' but more general things e.g. How relaxed/friendly is the interview. Thanks for the advice though, I will check out last years thread!

In terms of the friendliness of the interview people seem to have different opinions which is strange.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've got an interview on the 4th of December at 9:40! Does anyone know what the interviews will be like? (traditional/ multi mini stations??)

So have I!!!!!!!!!!!!

(still can't believe it's not a troll)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how likely it is you'll get offered a place after an interview? Is it like UCL where you've basically got your place, you've just gotta prove you can talk to people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by f1refly
Does anyone know how likely it is you'll get offered a place after an interview? Is it like UCL where you've basically got your place, you've just gotta prove you can talk to people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

last year, for approximately every 2 people interviewed, 1 person got a place!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios
Does anyone know how long Cardiff take to respond with offer or rejection after interview? Or how long the waiting time was last year? :smile:
And just to add my opinion - I'm revising questions from the interview q's book, generic ones about personal statement etc but keeping up to date on medical news and doing extra reading into thinks I mentioned in PS :biggrin:
I have spent all evening annotating my PS with reasons, pros and cons for everything I have said, and making sure that any statements I have made could be backed up with evidence.

Any diseases Ii have mentioned I have researched about so I am aware of what it actually is.

Just make sure you are prepared in terms of personal statement and read the news!!
Reply 794

Any diseases Ii have mentioned I have researched about so I am aware of what it actually is.

Good idea :tongue:
Original post by MLeach
Pros and cons of the course?

Pros;
- the course is interesting, and the work isn't exactly 'difficult' (although some parts are hard to grasp)
- amazing city and nightlife
- great social side to the uni
- practicals, clinical skills etc. are fun and really helpful
- most of the staff are very nice and some of the lecturers are very good
- anatomy is an amazing experience and the fact that we get to dissect cadavers is a massive 'pro' in terms of learning personally

Cons;
- the course is quite unorganised (in my opinion)
- the work load is unreal, literally. it's almost impossible to find the balance between work and the social sides of stuff. you could literally spend all day every day doing work but it's up to you how much you want to do and how hard you want to work... and on the contrary it's entirely up to you how many times a week you want to go out and how many societies/clubs you want to join
- guidance is negligible, i.e; it's entirely up to you if you want to find something out or if you have any work to do/catch up on - it's up to you to do it and up to you to decide how much you should learn (you're on your own basically)

I really could go on forever with both the pros and the cons, but in summary yeah, Cardiff is amazing, the course is good and I'm having the time of my life... but I don't think it's even possible to begin to describe how much work there is to learn, and if anyone has told you otherwise they are lying. Not that I want to scare any of you but seriously, the step up from A Levels to studying Medicine is quite a big one, and it's really hard to imagine that at the stage you guys are at, just a heads up. Make certain you understand how the course is ran and the structure of the C21 course and the way that you'll be taught, you need to make sure that it really suits you (even though I know you've all applied already, you need to know what you're leading yourself in to).
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by charharrison
Does anyone know how long Cardiff take to respond with offer or rejection after interview? Or how long the waiting time was last year? :smile:
And just to add my opinion - I'm revising questions from the interview q's book, generic ones about personal statement etc but keeping up to date on medical news and doing extra reading into thinks I mentioned in PS :biggrin:

Didn't get my offer until the 20th of February :smile:

For your interview, make sure you know your PS inside out, that's all I can say. Be yourself and be confident.
Original post by eben_rees
Didn't get my offer until the 20th of February :smile:

For your interview, make sure you know your PS inside out, that's all I can say. Be yourself and be confident.

When were you interviewed??
I heard that they give out offers to the best 100 or so interviewed before Christmas? If you don't get one of them do you not get an offer at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
In terms of the friendliness of the interview people seem to have different opinions which is strange.

Yes, I'm a bit worried! But I guess if we know our personal statement, are confident and be ourselves there's not more we can do
Reply 799
When were you interviewed??
I heard that they give out offers to the best 100 or so interviewed before Christmas? If you don't get one of them do you not get an offer at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You still have a chance of getting an offer after Christmas, don't worry.

Latest

Trending

Trending