The Student Room Group
i want to know this aswell.

We have all been giving different times and room numbers and it says it will last upto about 2 hours.
Reply 2
I've just got a sheet which tells me what time to turn up. It's split up so that surnames A-C go at one time, D-F at another and so on, with only an hour inbetween but it doesn't actually say what we have to do ... someone help please ...
Reply 3
At my college you went to difernt tables enroling on different courses. You were given a form to fill in with your details etc. you then went through a line of tables were your application was checked, you got your library card, special needs assesed you and your application was taken in. It took about half an hour for me to do. Uusally colleges uderstand how many people to expect so you wont have to que for long. If you have any more questions please PM me.
I've been given a time and date. The college I'm going to is having two days for enrolment, which should mean that it won't take long. I've been given a sheet of paper to fill in, mainly just details grades and told to take in any forms relating to EMA and to take in my results slip.

Got a question, a couple of post have mentioned going to different tables to sign up for different courses, I've changed my course so what do I do?
Reply 5
Just explian to the person on the new course that you want to join there course instead. I think alot of course changing happened when I started college. Another thing - MAKE SURE YOU TAKE YOUR STATEMENT OF RESULTS WITH YOU
Reply 6
Why are you people going to college when you can go to university?
Reply 7
Mine didn't take long, 5 minutes or so. It was just to go and confirm that i still wanted to attend there, you need to take your results sheet with you so they can check that you have the required grades to get onto the courses you want to do.
Reply 8
Hmm go to college then explain which subjects/course you want to do. Sometimes they ask for IELTS if English isn't your first language. Then after you told them which subjects/course you want to do, they will told you when to start the lecture. Some colleges have induction day so you might as well ask if they have it. I didn't get my timetable when I enrolled, I might get it in induction day. I spent hours there when I enrolled because I did my IELTS exams that day, and I asked people for advice. They also gave me my school ID..and signed a few papers... and wrote my qualification on a piece of paper. Goodluck.
Reply 9
Fooglex

Maybe they didn't meet their University grade requirements?
Reply 10
Fooglex

Cuz I'm guessing that everyone else (like me), is going to college to start AS/A levels or to do a college course, not a degree, plus they're probably only 16/17
Reply 11
well at my college, enrollment is basically where:

-> you get seated at desk with a teachr to discuss subject choices
-> you sign some forms
-> if you're enrolling for year 12, you get your picture taking for your college card
-> you get given letters about when college starts, etc
Reply 12
Lol i didnt actually realise i was enrolling at the time. They sent me a letter telling me a date, time and place to go for an interview for entry, when i got there i was asked to show my grade certificates and then fill out a form. He then said to go to another room to finish enrollment....some interview:confused:
Reply 13
i jus enrolled at a sixth form....had to go through a whole load of queues.....first to sign my name down,then another to pay the student fund thing,another for passport and results photocopying,one queue for finalising your subjects,another queue to give your finalised subjects and FINALLY to have a 'mugshot' taken.....a photo of you holding up a card with your name and DOB!this took around 1 and a half hours(mostly in queues)

but i also might enroll elsewhere(if i cancel the sixth form place).this college gave me a time and date to come in(which is 2moro at 12) and said that it should take an hour at the least!its suppose to be an interview and finalisation thing.i think.

Latest

Trending

Trending