The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

English Literature as a minor

What are, if any, the requirements for English lit as a minor? in the big green book of schemes of study it says ABB, but in the format of the other subjects listed, is this the requirement to take it as a major? Would I be able to take it as a minor with BBC? Although I do have 332 UCAS points, which, forgive me if I'm wrong, does equate, just, to ABB...
:confused:
edit: in the general prospectus i remember it said all you needed was a B at A Level, which i do have
Reply 1
This is a complete guess but I've tired to give an answer with some common sense.

I guess you'll be able to take English a minor providing it can be put in your time table and there are free places. I think Lancaster would prefer a grade A in English but I'd say they would accept the grade B.

Keep your idea in mind, if you want an immediate answer, contact the English department via email or ring them.

If you can wait, find more about it when students get to pick a minor with their subjects.

On the whole, I'd say you have a good chance.
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
I'm sure you can pretty much do whatever you want as a minor, within reason of course that it doesn't clash.
Reply 3
Depends on the amount of spaces on the course. Also, because you're doing politics, you probably won't be first choice for the spots because they tend to allocate them within departments first. Just ask on registration day, no harm in that! :smile:
Reply 4
It's easy to know, go to page 32 of the prospectus, as far as I can make out these are the requirements to do any part one course (that isn't your degree so basically these are the requirements for your minor.)

English lit says A Level B in English Literature or equivalant.

Someone say if I'm wrong but I'm pretty certain this is right.

HH
Reply 5
hey! i'm coming to lancs next month to do Theatre Studies, and i always planned to do english lit as my minor. Last yr in my results i got ABBB, and was 7 marks off an A in lit. I was hopin to do the same this yr, but disaster struck and I was gutted to open my evenlope 2 weeks ago to find that I only got a C in eng lit.

Is there the slightest chance i'l stil b able to do it as a minor, or am i screwed lol.

L N x
Reply 6
nelly
hey! i'm coming to lancs next month to do Theatre Studies, and i always planned to do english lit as my minor. Last yr in my results i got ABBB, and was 7 marks off an A in lit. I was hopin to do the same this yr, but disaster struck and I was gutted to open my evenlope 2 weeks ago to find that I only got a C in eng lit.

Is there the slightest chance i'l stil b able to do it as a minor, or am i screwed lol.

L N x

I'm sure they'd let you off if there were spaces.

Latest

Trending

Trending