The Student Room Group

Help with train tickets needed for london commuting...

hey guys

i just got offered a london job in clapham. I live in hatfield and will commute in.

The route is as follows:

Hatfield - Finsbury park
Finsbury park - Vauxhall (underground)
Vauxhall - Queenstown railway

So from my understanding, the best way to do it is 1 ticket that takes me from Hatfield to Finsbury park, and then a london zone 1-2 travel pass that takes me the rest of the way once im in zone 2 at FP? I assume it will allow me to use the underground as well as the final above ground train?

Appreciate any help, i start on monday and need tog et my head around this but i dont have anyone to ask about it with any experience.

Im hoping to buy monthly until i move to london in a couple of months, so this is only a temporary thing.
Reply 1
Original post by InfernoUk
hey guys

i just got offered a london job in clapham. I live in hatfield and will commute in.

The route is as follows:

Hatfield - Finsbury park
Finsbury park - Vauxhall (underground)
Vauxhall - Queenstown railway

So from my understanding, the best way to do it is 1 ticket that takes me from Hatfield to Finsbury park, and then a london zone 1-2 travel pass that takes me the rest of the way once im in zone 2 at FP? I assume it will allow me to use the underground as well as the final above ground train?

Appreciate any help, i start on monday and need tog et my head around this but i dont have anyone to ask about it with any experience.

Im hoping to buy monthly until i move to london in a couple of months, so this is only a temporary thing.

Get a season ticket which allows travel via any permitted route:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/seasonticket/search
Reply 2
Original post by Reue
Get a season ticket which allows travel via any permitted route:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/seasonticket/search

Thanks, seems to be £348 a month, seem right? thats hatfield to zones 1-6

do i really need to pay the extra for 1-6 zones when all i really need is 1-2? or is it not that much more

can i get it applied to an oyster card for ease of use? rather than using paper the whole time?

Appreciate your help
Thanks, seems to be £348 a month, seem right? thats hatfield to zones 1-6

do i really need to pay the extra for 1-6 zones when all i really need is 1-2? or is it not that much more

can i get it applied to an oyster card for ease of use? rather than using paper the whole time?

Appreciate your help

Yeah, as your going through multiple zones.
Reply 4
Original post by SloaneRanger
Yeah, as your going through multiple zones.

ok makes sense, and is this likely to be cheaper than the hatfield - finsbury and then zone 1-2 combo i was planning?
ok makes sense, and is this likely to be cheaper than the hatfield - finsbury and then zone 1-2 combo i was planning?

It is the cheapest method Hatfield to zones 1-6.
Reply 6
It is the cheapest method Hatfield to zones 1-6.

ok thanks, appreciate your help.

will i be able to add it to an oyster card? or do i need to carry a paper ticket with that much around with me all the time?
ok thanks, appreciate your help.

will i be able to add it to an oyster card? or do i need to carry a paper ticket with that much around with me all the time?

It be a paper ticket that that says hatfield to london all zones
Reply 8
It be a paper ticket that that says hatfield to london all zones

ah no way it can be stored on an oyster for stations that accept it? dosent seem that a paper ticket would stand up to the abuse for a whole month?
Reply 9
I have a ticket from my area (st.albans to staines) , on it it says 'any route permitted'. I also have one for the way back from staines to st.albans, so does this mean on the way back I could use the ticket go out in say central london and then continue my journey home?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending