The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jammy Duel
You answered the question "Why would you buy an iPhone when you can get something worse that does just as well for less?" rather than "Why would you buy an iPhone when you can get something at least as good for less?"

You're going to need to give me some definition of 'good' if you're going to phrase your question in such an abstract way. Basically, I don't care about how 'good' the phone is technically, if that's what you mean. This does what I want it to and is easy to use. Furthermore, I have a bunch of apple stuff, which I like, especially as the phone is being further integrated with macs.

I'm not claiming it as objectively the best phone. I'm sure technically it isn't. I just like it and how it is set up. I'm not sure what about that makes you so mad.
I love the samsung s4 and s5 yet I don't even know how to use the s3... So for now I'll stick to my iPhone :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by idelaghetto
Apple optimise their software so well it doesn't need 3gb ram etc.

This. You can do that when you're designing an operating system for a phone you also create.

When you have to design an operating system that is supposed to work efficiently on all phones whether that be low end or high end then you're not going to get a very efficient operating system and hardware integration.
My cousin moved from hid iphone 5 to an S5 because she wanted a bigger screen for watching videos and she loves her S5 alot and is impressed with the expandable memory

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now, I don't have an iphone, (I have an alcatel 575 feature phone) but I guess for most people the reason they'd get an iphone is Good customer service, an easy to use device, lots and lots of fairly well optimized apps,for some it's a status symbol, their friends have one, facetime, smaller than most android phones. Reliable hardware. Good Camera.

I myself won't get one even when I'm in a good job, I would rather use windows phone because you can use Sd cards with most models and with WP8.1 you can install all apps onto the SD card which is better than the crippled SD support on android.
Original post by ETRC
They look disgusting
My friend keeps trying to defend the s5 looks but knows it looks crap

One android phone I think looks good is the Moto G, oh and the sony xperia Z1 compact\Z1
Yeah, closing this now.

Latest

Trending

Trending