The Student Room Group

I just got back from travelling, ask me anything!

Come on people, get me through this being home depression.

Scroll to see replies

Comment allez-vous?
Reply 2
Original post by How Are You?
Comment allez-vous?

Meh pas mal et toi?
Original post by tillytots
Meh pas mal et toi?

D'accord merci yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Where did you travel?
Reply 4
What make-up are you wearing in your avatar? It looks really nice :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by bittr n swt
D'accord merci yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Where did you travel?

Interrailing around Europe :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Swirll
What make-up are you wearing in your avatar? It looks really nice :smile:

All I was wearing was a sleek Matte me lipstick in 'fandago purple' and some Bourjois CC cream :smile:
Did you learn any languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by WorldPharmacist
Did you learn any languages?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only hellos/thank yous/goodbyes...

Studying french at uni though and I dod a year abroad in Paris before I went off round Europe so I guess I sorta did?!

Which countries did you travel to? And how much was the OVERALL cost?

I'm interested in doing this in the near future . Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by bittr n swt
Which countries did you travel to? And how much was the OVERALL cost?

I'm interested in doing this in the near future . Thanks

Denmark,germany,italy,austria,czech republic,poland,hungary,croatia and slovenia.

i don't know the exact cost as I haven't worked it out yet but maybe £1100 overall spending + 367 for the month long pass and 100 for the flights.
Hi,

Did you work at any hostels? Have you heard about platforms like Helpx or Worldpackers? I am looking to go travelling very soon and want to volunteer in a hostel to save on costs! :smile:

Cheers,
Steve
Reply 12
Original post by stevetravel
Hi,

Did you work at any hostels? Have you heard about platforms like Helpx or Worldpackers? I am looking to go travelling very soon and want to volunteer in a hostel to save on costs! :smile:

Cheers,
Steve

No I didn't even know about these things. However I may now look into it for my next trip... The max amount of time Istayed anywhere though was 4 nights so I don't think that would have been long enough to work...
Where was the most beautiful place you visited? :smile:
Only hellos/thank yous/goodbyes...

Studying french at uni though and I dod a year abroad in Paris before I went off round Europe so I guess I sorta did?!

Niceeee how's learning french at uni been? I'm tryna learn french but so far it's been a mission :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by Pokémontrainer
Where was the most beautiful place you visited? :smile:

City was probably vienna, but country was probably slovenia... So many beautiful lakes and mountains
Reply 16
Original post by WorldPharmacist
Niceeee how's learning french at uni been? I'm tryna learn french but so far it's been a mission :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good provided you have a pretty good grasp and want to go deeper into things like the grammar and structure, but I'd say my actual speaking improved the most when I lived there :smile:
City was probably vienna, but country was probably slovenia... So many beautiful lakes and mountains

Sounds beautiful, so lucky! I would love to travel Europe. :smile:

That's what I'm hoping to do on my gap year! How long did you go for? What would you say is the best thing about travelling? Is it true that by going travelling you'll meet loads of new people? I've heard that travelling/backpacking is one of the most sociable things you can do, depending on where you go.

Sorry, I know that's quite a few questions but it's not often you get to speak to someone who's just returned.
How old are you, OP? i want to compare my life to yours as i'm pretty jealous right now:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest