The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
You peoiple shoulod be bloody thankful you got anywhere ...!
Im going to go and cry now.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
i'm so sorry you didnt get it bean! the uni must have other options at hand though, or at least tell you where to find help!
Reply 22
it's more complicated than that though... they have shared housing left but I have eczema so i actually can't share a bathroom with anyone! I told them this but they didn't even aknowledge it! I didn't recieve an accommodation booklet like everyone else did so I applied for halls via email and was told to make two choices which were obviously en suite so I didn't get the chance to send a doctors note :frown:

I should probably stop moaning, right? :redface:
it's ok, just keep ringing them up, some people must pull out and you might be able to get en-suite!
Reply 24
Lilly_May
Jesus, did ANYONE get what they wanted!?

lol i guess not...
Reply 25
i know this sounds far-fetched, but has anyone tried to appeal directly to them? i've heard of people appealing nd having their place changed - albeit at the last chance. it might be worth the while harrasing them about this until they do something about this, even tho they say their decision is final. What do you lot think?
Reply 26
i've appealed to them as my reason to change is a medical reason they said to send a doctors note and they'll see what they can do...great.
i dont want to sound offensive but my friend asked to have her room changed to en suite for religious reasons so they did so i see no reason atall why i cant....... but it's proving to be quite difficult !!

if you're really unhappy you can try to change it, keep ringing them and emailing them. A guy called Pete Toomer emailed me he is senior accommodation bloke or something lol ask for him if you ring up??
there must be some people who drop out and things over the next week or so
Reply 27
Bean__x
i've appealed to them as my reason to change is a medical reason they said to send a doctors note and they'll see what they can do...great.
i dont want to sound offensive but my friend asked to have her room changed to en suite for religious reasons so they did so i see no reason atall why i cant....... but it's proving to be quite difficult !!

if you're really unhappy you can try to change it, keep ringing them and emailing them. A guy called Pete Toomer emailed me he is senior accommodation bloke or something lol ask for him if you ring up??
there must be some people who drop out and things over the next week or so

i've got a religious reason to changing to en-suite accommodation... guess i'll call tommorrow and see what happens
Reply 28
are they open on sundays?
Reply 29
Ross_j
are they open on sundays?

for the next few weekends they're open for a few hours... nice, if anything
Reply 30
cheers
Reply 31
Why is it easier to change due to religious reasons than medical? it upsets me a bit:frown: ive got to wait a week for a doctors note and pay £35 :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending