The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

psychology at Kent and accommodation

Hey guys just wondering if anyone else here is studying psychology with clinical psychology at Kent.

2. Does anyone know of anywhere around the area where you can get student studio flats.

3. What accommodation did everyone pick? And why. I'm a little lost on what it pick. I picked Elliott collage because of the breakfast but now I'm thinking it might be too small and is bad coz it doesn't have bathroom. Lemme know guys.

4. One more thing sorry. Does anyone know if maintenance loan is payed every term. And of so do u know how much each term.

Thanks guys.:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxkisses
Hey guys just wondering if anyone else here is studying psychology with clinical psychology at Kent.

2. Does anyone know of anywhere around the area where you can get student studio flats.

3. What accommodation did everyone pick? And why. I'm a little lost on what it pick. I picked Elliott collage because of the breakfast but now I'm thinking it might be too small and is bad coz it doesn't have bathroom. Lemme know guys.

4. One more thing sorry. Does anyone know if maintenance loan is payed every term. And of so do u know how much each term.

Thanks guys.:smile:

Heya I can't help with the Psychology (I study Politics) but:

- If you mean off campus student studio flats then there's not many in Canterbury - normally they are offered to Postgrad/Mature Students only. However, if you really want to find out more about them I've got a friend who's got herself a 1 person flat.

- For other off-campus accommodation we have an accommodation finder on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/315125411909426/ where students post spare room offers (generally £350-400 per month is the average: I paid £370 per month without bills)

- Good thing about Eliot is that it's cheap. Sharing a bathroom is not bad at all: it's the kitchen that you have to worry about, which you'll have to deal with wherever you end up living. I lived in Parkwood which was great as it had a kitchen though there were days where I could not be bothered to cook. Here's the page for the Eliot Freshers page if you wanna meet with other people who will live there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1488603064716412/

- Finally yes your loan is paid to you at the beginning of each term. The amount depends on how much you're getting in total, but you get the same amount in September and January, and slightly more in May (e.g. £2,000, £2,000, £2,400) - Minimum amount you can get from student finance is about £3,000, maximum is about £7,000 (don't remember the exact amounts sorry!)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by APersonCalledClara
Heya I can't help with the Psychology (I study Politics) but:

- If you mean off campus student studio flats then there's not many in Canterbury - normally they are offered to Postgrad/Mature Students only. However, if you really want to find out more about them I've got a friend who's got herself a 1 person flat.

- For other off-campus accommodation we have an accommodation finder on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/315125411909426/ where students post spare room offers (generally £350-400 per month is the average: I paid £370 per month without bills)

- Good thing about Eliot is that it's cheap. Sharing a bathroom is not bad at all: it's the kitchen that you have to worry about, which you'll have to deal with wherever you end up living. I lived in Parkwood which was great as it had a kitchen though there were days where I could not be bothered to cook. Here's the page for the Eliot Freshers page if you wanna meet with other people who will live there: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1488603064716412/

- Finally yes your loan is paid to you at the beginning of each term. The amount depends on how much you're getting in total, but you get the same amount in September and January, and slightly more in May (e.g. £2,000, £2,000, £2,400) - Minimum amount you can get from student finance is about £3,000, maximum is about £7,000 (don't remember the exact amounts sorry!)

Thank you soo much you really cleared up a lot for me :smile:
Thank you soo much you really cleared up a lot for me :smile:

No problem - if you have any more questions I'm happy to help :smile:
Reply 4
I'm studying Psychology with Clinical but can't answer any of your questions haha. I picked Parkwood though.
Reply 5
Original post by MAXSTARR
I'm studying Psychology with Clinical but can't answer any of your questions haha. I picked Parkwood though.

Oh yay guess I've met someone from my classes
Reply 6
Oh yay guess I've met someone from my classes

You're the first person I know that's doing it so far!
Reply 7
Hi, I'm studying Applied psychology with clinical psychology and am staying in Turing
Reply 8
Original post by Melas1
Hi, I'm studying Applied psychology with clinical psychology and am staying in Turing

I'm hoping to get Turing too. Guess we will be in the same classes too.
Reply 9
You're the first person I know that's doing it so far!

Gotta make sure I remember your face for when we start.
Reply 10
Gotta make sure I remember your face for when we start.

I'll have to go upto people and say 'Kisses'? Haha
Reply 11
I'll have to go upto people and say 'Kisses'? Haha

Lool no need ill put up a profile pic
Reply 12
That'll make it easier! Did you get your accommodation offer?
Reply 13
That'll make it easier! Did you get your accommodation offer?

No still waiting I'm not too fussed where they put me as long as it's en suite. You can't really zoom in on the profile picture so maybe we still won't recognise each other lol will have to wait for the first lecture.
Reply 14
I'm also doing Psychology with Clinical Psychology!
Reply 15
Original post by AliceSh
I'm also doing Psychology with Clinical Psychology!

:smile: yay do you know where you are staying yet?
Reply 16
I'm doing Psychology on its own! I've seen a lot of people doing joint honours not many doing just Psychology lol
I'm doing psychology on its own too :biggrin:!
Reply 18
Original post by ponymcnutpants
I'm doing psychology on its own too :biggrin:!

Yay! Have you got your accommodation yet?
Yup. I'm in Bossenden Court, Parkwood (flat 11). Currently very neighbourless, but I'm working on it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending