The Student Room Group

New Medical University in Milan: Humanitas – Test September 16 for A.Y. 14/15

Hello,
my name is Roberto and I am the Official Representative of Humanitas University.

Humanitas University has been recently established as a recognized Medical School by the Italian Ministry of Education.

We offer a 6-year Medicine course taught entirely in English and we will begin accepting 100 medical students per year starting from the next Academic Year (lessons will start in October 2014).

Admissions are determined via an IMAT test (by Admissions Testing Service, part of Cambridge Assessment). Applicants will take the test on 16 September 2014 in Milan, London, Manchester, Dublin or alternatively at one of the other 14 test centres located across Europe.

Humanitas University is built alongside the Humanitas Research Hospital, which many users of this forum already know as it has been hosting a course of Medicine with the University of Milan for more than 10 years.

If you have any questions about studying Medicine in Italy at our University, I will be more than happy to answer.

Roberto

Scroll to see replies

Hi,
For the 2015 entry when would I have to apply by? When is the application deadline?
Hello Starbizarre,

thank you for your interest in the activities of Humanitas University.

The admissions test for the 2015/16 A.Y. intake will be held in Spring 2015. More information will be available in the next few months.

For the programme starting in October 2014, applications are due before September 3rd, 2014.

Thanks,
Roberto
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Humanitas University (HUNIMED) – Milano
Hello Starbizarre,

thank you for your interest in the activities of Humanitas University.

The admissions test for the 2015/16 A.Y. intake will be held in Spring 2015. More information will be available in the next few months.

For the programme starting in October 2014, applications are due before September 3rd, 2014.

Thanks,
Roberto

Hi,
When are the applications due for 2015 entry? Do I apply before or after doing the admissions test? Also where can I find more information about applying, like where to get the application form etc?
Thanks again
Original post by StarBizarre
Hi,
When are the applications due for 2015 entry? Do I apply before or after doing the admissions test? Also where can I find more information about applying, like where to get the application form etc?
Thanks again

Hello,

I expect that information about the 2015 entry will be released during Fall 2014. It will be published as soon as possible on our website www.hunimed.eu. Registration for the test will performed online via the student portal.

Roberto
Hello,
my name is Roberto and I am the Official Representative of Humanitas University.

Humanitas University has been recently established as a recognized Medical School by the Italian Ministry of Education.

We offer a 6-year Medicine course taught entirely in English and we will begin accepting 100 medical students per year starting from the next Academic Year (lessons will start in October 2014).

Admissions are determined via an IMAT test (by Admissions Testing Service, part of Cambridge Assessment). Applicants will take the test on 16 September 2014 in Milan, London, Manchester, Dublin or alternatively at one of the other 14 test centres located across Europe.

Humanitas University is built alongside the Humanitas Research Hospital, which many users of this forum already know as it has been hosting a course of Medicine with the University of Milan for more than 10 years.

If you have any questions about studying Medicine in Italy at our University, I will be more than happy to answer.

Roberto

Good evening !
What are the admission requirements for the Medical School for European Baccalaureate and also what language is used in teaching? I haven't found any information on the site.
Thanks in advance !
Hi,

I am an UK student and received my a level results.

I want to apply to your university but are any financial aid for UK students?

Also I understand that it is 6 years, is the 6th year an internship like in the UK the course is 5 years but then we go on to foundation year 1.

Also is it possible to be transferred back to a UK medical school after 2/3 years of study in Italy?
Reply 7
Original post by AlexandraElse
Good evening !
What are the admission requirements for the Medical School for European Baccalaureate and also what language is used in teaching? I haven't found any information on the site.
Thanks in advance !

You could have tried the post you quoted instead of the website, it states in green text that the course is entirely in English. :tongue:
Good evening !
Thanks in advance !

Hello AlexandraElse,

European Baccalaureate is usually accepted, but in order to confirm this regarding your precise situation, you should specify your institution (write us here or by PM).

The course is taught entirely in English. Be aware that we will also provide Italian language courses. Some patients do not speak English and students are encouraged to learn Italian in order to be able to interact with all the patients in the hospital.
Original post by faddys123
Hi,

I am an UK student and received my a level results.

I want to apply to your university but are any financial aid for UK students?

Also I understand that it is 6 years, is the 6th year an internship like in the UK the course is 5 years but then we go on to foundation year 1.

Also is it possible to be transferred back to a UK medical school after 2/3 years of study in Italy?

Hello faddys123,

fees and financial are income-based, depending on the income of the family of the student. A major Italian bank will provide loans to EU students starting from the second year of studies. Access to the loans will be subject to availability and will be merit-based. If you need more information or assistance about the calculation of the fees, please write by PM.

The 6-th year is not an internship year as foundation year in the UK, even if clinical clerkships are more and more important as you progress towards the end of your studies. Mandatory internships in Italy are slightly different from what happens in the UK.

There is no obstacle from us to outgoing transfers. Acceptance in this case is largely dependent on the institution which receives the student.

I hope I was of help,
Roberto
Reply 10
Hello faddys123,

fees and financial are income-based, depending on the income of the family of the student. A major Italian bank will provide loans to EU students starting from the second year of studies. Access to the loans will be subject to availability and will be merit-based. If you need more information or assistance about the calculation of the fees, please write by PM.

The 6-th year is not an internship year as foundation year in the UK, even if clinical clerkships are more and more important as you progress towards the end of your studies. Mandatory internships in Italy are slightly different from what happens in the UK.

There is no obstacle from us to outgoing transfers. Acceptance in this case is largely dependent on the institution which receives the student.

I hope I was of help,
Roberto

I believe they were asking whether, as a graduate of your medical school, they would be eligible to skip Foundation Year 1.
Hello AlexandraElse,

European Baccalaureate is usually accepted, but in order to confirm this regarding your precise situation, you should specify your institution (write us here or by PM).

The course is taught entirely in English. Be aware that we will also provide Italian language courses. Some patients do not speak English and students are encouraged to learn Italian in order to be able to interact with all the patients in the hospital.

Good evening again and thank you for your prompt response !
The italian language is not a problem for me, as I'm learning it in highschool.
What's the minimum score for the baccalureate in order to get me in?
Also, it's a 6 year course, so the 1st one it's the foundation year, so as I understand I don't need a science background (Baccalaureate in Chemistry/Biology/Math) .
Also, it's a 6 year course, so the 1st one it's the foundation year, so as I understand I don't need a science background (Baccalaureate in Chemistry/Biology/Math) .

Hi AlexandraElse,
We only require that you posses the IB diploma, and that you attended 12 years in school. Could you please tell us the name of you High school?

However, in addition, you will have to also have to pass the admissions test on September 16 and after the test you should apply for the document "Declaration of value" at the italian consulate in your country.

Hope I was of help
Roberto
Reply 13

That's not how it works in continental Europe - the medical degrees are generally six years long as standard. It's quite typical for the final year to count as 'internship' enough for you not to have to do FY1 afterwards in the UK though. Not sure whether that is the case in Italy/at this particular med school, the OP hasn't answered that clearly enough.
Original post by Ronove
That's not how it works in continental Europe - the medical degrees are generally six years long as standard. It's quite typical for the final year to count as 'internship' enough for you not to have to do FY1 afterwards in the UK though. Not sure whether that is the case in Italy/at this particular med school, the OP hasn't answered that clearly enough.

Dear AlexandraElse,
Dear Ronove,

let me try to clarify. We need to distinguish between the "foundation year" that in some schools/countries comes before a Medicine degree course, and the Foundation Years that are needed in order to become a Foundation Doctor in the UK.

In our 6-year course the first 2 years are dedicated to pre-clinical subjects such as chemistry, anatomy, biology etc. Therefore, it is not compulsory to have a science background but it is certainly useful and preferable.

As far as the UK FYs are concerned, I cannot give you a definitive answer as I need to verify it with the Foundation Programme which is the organization responsible for the programme.

Roberto
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Just wondering is there student accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by scrabby
Just wondering is there student accommodation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dear scrabby,

we are opening a new campus that will include student dorms in 2017.

In the meanwhile, we have partnerships with local agencies that help our students in finding a suitable room or apartment without the hassle of looking for a solution on their own.
You do not need to worry about accommodation now, you can wait until the admissions results are published.

Roberto
Reply 17
Thanks for this Roberto. There is another thing: When I was filling out the application form for the admissions test I only got as far as entering one GCSE result before I was moved on. Of course I have full A level results. How do I get the form updated? I have tried phoning this morning but no reply so far.
Reply 18
Hello,

Roberto

I am living in qatar,can you tell me process for application.
Reply 19
hi,i am living in Qatar,i want to register for admission test to admission in Humanitas university,how i will attend the test,what is the procedure?

Latest

Trending

Trending