The Student Room Group

Russell Group Engineering

Any comment is appreciated.
Hey guys,
So I did really bad in my A Levels (CEE). However I got into Huddersfield University through clearing to study Engineering with foundation year. I am really upset about my results because I have been trying for 3 years to get amazing result in my A Levels. But no matter how much I try I always fail. Therefore, I am done with A Levels. I am not going to retake anymore. Someone told me that I can transfer to a Russell group Uni after foundation year if I get really good result in my foundation year. So my question is, can I actually do that? Do they take students based on foundation year grades? Is it possible?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Coolstorybro.95
So my question is, can I actually do that?

Yes

Original post by Coolstorybro.95
Do they take students based on foundation year grades? Thank you :smile:

depends on your course, not all foundation years are the same. To find out whether or not your course may be accepted I suggest you email the admissions team of the university you would like to go to with the content of the foundation year.
(edited 9 years ago)
As a10 said, it's highly dependent on the university. I know for a fact that Manchester don't accept students who've done foundation years at other universities.

Quick Reply

Latest