The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joseph.S
"Dear Sir/Madame,

My name is ____ and my UCAS number is ______.

I was invited to Surrey's applicants's day, however living too far, I emailed the university and an administrator said that the applicant's day is not part of their selection process and my offer will be sent to me within the next two weeks. However two weeks have gone and I have not heard any thing since, please could you tell me what to do next?

Yours sincerely, name.."

That's great thanks!!!
Reply 381
Hello everyone :smile: I have an interview at Imperial college on the 26th of November .How can I prepare ?
Original post by medic3
Hello everyone :smile: I have an interview at Imperial college on the 26th of November .How can I prepare ?

Hi, do you mind me asking when did you send your application and when did you receive your interview invitation?
I sent it on the 18th October and I have heard nothing since...
Original post by medic3

What did you get at AS?
Reply 384
Original post by misaki2
Hi, do you mind me asking when did you send your application and when did you receive your interview invitation?
I sent it on the 18th October and I have heard nothing since...

I have sent it on the 6th of October and i received an interview on the 12th of November.I wasn't expecting the interview to be in november though. I thought that interviews would have been in January
Reply 385
Original post by ubisoft
What did you get at AS?

at AS level :
I had 6 A's in Chem,Bio , Physics,Maths ,Classical Greek and Modern greek and i am predicted with 3 A* and 2 A
Reply 386
I did an interview at Imperial last week. There were various types of interviews, some of the interviewers were more interested in you and your personal statement. Some of them didn't read the personal statements and just gave the candidates questions regarding chemistry, physics or maths. It was tricky but my interview was quite brief...
Original post by medic3

I have an interview on the 26th too! Guess I'll see you there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I was hoping you guys could answer my question. I am in year 12 and strongly considering chemeng, I was looking into the course, what it entails, entry requirements. what unis offer the course etc. and noticed I think it was Edinburgh and Aberdeen offer chemeng however their Meng courses are 5 years long, and wondered why this is??? surely a masters in chemical engineering would require the same amount of teaching time no matter the uni??
I'm stuck as to where to apply. as grades are BBCC. Predicted AAA

Applying Sheffield, Newcastle, Huddersfield atm. I don't have a clue about the other two. Was wondering chemistry for one of them. Where else would be good for chem eng?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 2A* 10A 1B at GCSE too and currently studying maths, chem bio.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by josephinemar25
Hi I was hoping you guys could answer my question. I am in year 12 and strongly considering chemeng, I was looking into the course, what it entails, entry requirements. what unis offer the course etc. and noticed I think it was Edinburgh and Aberdeen offer chemeng however their Meng courses are 5 years long, and wondered why this is??? surely a masters in chemical engineering would require the same amount of teaching time no matter the uni??

Hi, check if those include a year abroad :smile:.
Original post by josephinemar25

I think it may be because of the Scottish system since they finish a year earlier and so the extra year in the course is to get everyone in the same level. I think it is possible to apply directly for second year entry? But check that.
Original post by arcanum96
I think it may be because of the Scottish system since they finish a year earlier and so the extra year in the course is to get everyone in the same level. I think it is possible to apply directly for second year entry? But check that.

Yeah the 6th year in Scotland is equivalent to the 1st year at university for most courses, so you can go directly into second year
I'm still waiting for Bath and it looks like they are taking their time..my friend applied for biochemistry and she got the offer back from Bath 3 days after she sent it.. Also I got an interview for loughborough on the 10th of December, is anyone going as well? :wink:
Original post by 2015_chemeng
I'm still waiting for Bath and it looks like they are taking their time..my friend applied for biochemistry and she got the offer back from Bath 3 days after she sent it.. Also I got an interview for loughborough on the 10th of December, is anyone going as well? :wink:
I applied last year and sent my UCAS off in October but didn't get an offer from Bath until February so don't worry about them taking their time.
Original post by Fatcoin
I applied last year and sent my UCAS off in October but didn't get an offer from Bath until February so don't worry about them taking their time.

Oh really hopefully I will get an offer from them. Thank you anyway :smile: may i ask where else did you apply for?
I received a conditional offer today from The University of Manchester! Ah, that made my day :-)
Reply 398
Does anyone know what to put as my "point of entry" on UCAS if I am applying for an "Engineering with Foundation Year," course. Would I leave it blank or put it as "0" because it is a foundation year? Confused. :/
Original post by saad97
Does anyone know what to put as my "point of entry" on UCAS if I am applying for an "Engineering with Foundation Year," course. Would I leave it blank or put it as "0" because it is a foundation year? Confused. :/

You choose 1, as 0 would mean you want to do a foundation year, and 1 means you start at the first year

Latest