The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by CakeFrog
What other unis have you applied for? Hopefully Imperial will get back to you soon with an offer!

Had offers (all AAA) from UCL, Newcastle and sheffield but not overly excited about any of them except maybe UCL. Thanks, whats your insurance going to be?
Original post by Bjc00
Had offers (all AAA) from UCL, Newcastle and sheffield but not overly excited about any of them except maybe UCL. Thanks, whats your insurance going to be?

UCL's still one of the best universities in the entire country! I think my insurance is going to be Manchester - the chemical engineering department there has some amazing facilities
Reply 782
Hi! Anybody heard from ucl. Sent my application on oct.16th still no news. Will it be rejection or is there still hope?
Original post by ATA95
Hi! Anybody heard from ucl. Sent my application on oct.16th still no news. Will it be rejection or is there still hope?

Same, still waiting... :/
Reply 784
UCL's still one of the best universities in the entire country! I think my insurance is going to be Manchester - the chemical engineering department there has some amazing facilities

UCL is great as an overall university but the engineering department doesn't have the same global reputation as ICL or Cambridge and that puts me off a bit. Regret not applying to manchester everyone rates it
Reply 785
Original post by Anonynmous
Same, still waiting... :/

Original post by ATA95

I sent my application oct 6th and got an offer Nov 26th. I believe you still have hope they have probably been inundated with applications so I wouldn't worry just yet
Original post by Bjc00
UCL is great as an overall university but the engineering department doesn't have the same global reputation as ICL or Cambridge and that puts me off a bit. Regret not applying to manchester everyone rates it

Ah okay, haven't really looked at UCL myself. I really loved Manchester, it has the largest chemical engineering department in the country I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 787
Ah okay, haven't really looked at UCL myself. I really loved Manchester, it has the largest chemical engineering department in the country I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know why i never considered it. You'll be happy wherever you end up then!
Original post by Bjc00
Don't know why i never considered it. You'll be happy wherever you end up then!

I hope so! At the end of the day, a degree is a degree, and I'll probably have a similar experience wherever I go. I hope you get an offer from Imperial, but either way you've got offers from three other fab unis, and if you aren't happy with them, there's always next year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #freegaza
Me too about early December so Yh it's a relief that there is at least someone who's in.the same boat as me what's your predictions bro ?

I just received the conditional offer from Surrey yesterday. Is it the prediction for my A2 that you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratz bro yeah what your A2 predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by #freegaza
Congratz bro yeah what your A2 predictions

Posted from TSR Mobile

My A2 prediction maybe 3A 1B and that B is my Biology. How about you?
Am doing a different course called access which works differently to Alevel.
Same, I was invited to an applicants day at Surrey though. When I went to an open day the chem eng professor there said if you go to an applicants day you have pretty much secured the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emparker1
I sent it around the end of November/ early December so I don't think so. Just really wanted to have another look round the uni to help make my decisions:/

Hey, so I just received a letter in my post inviting me to Bath's Offer Holder Open Day on 26th Feb. Have you received anything similar?
Original post by arcanum96
Yeah I need to do the same. Hurry up Bath!

You're right, you really do need a Bath :mmm:
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
You're right, you really do need a Bath :mmm:

Rich coming from you.
Rich coming from you.

I can smell your stench from a mile off
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
I can smell your stench from a mile off

Not sure how it's possible to smell anything else since yours is so horribly powerful
Not sure how it's possible to smell anything else since yours is so horribly powerful

Why are you still talking? Your breath is degrading the environment

Latest