The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by muki183
bath or aberdeen

Personally, Bath. It may be a travelling bias for me because Aberdeen is so far away. Have you been to both open days because in terms of statistics both unis seem great.

Also Sheffield or Manchester?
who here has been to Birmingham for their open day recently?
Original post by J_T_
Personally, Bath. It may be a travelling bias for me because Aberdeen is so far away. Have you been to both open days because in terms of statistics both unis seem great.

Also Sheffield or Manchester?

I'd say manchester :smile:
Reply 983
Original post by jamez870
I'd say manchester :smile:

Thanks. It's a hard choice for me because Sheffield seems to be a nicer city with a nicer campus. They are both rated well and graduates from both unis seem to do well (though manchester is edging ahead) but in the international scene Manchester tends to come off as a better uni though in Britain they both have the similar prestige. The only thing putting me off Manchester is the city and it's dodgy areas. If anyone lives in Manchester I would appreciate any input on my Manchester prejudices. Any reason why you personally went for Manchester?
Original post by J_T_
Thanks. It's a hard choice for me because Sheffield seems to be a nicer city with a nicer campus. They are both rated well and graduates from both unis seem to do well (though manchester is edging ahead) but in the international scene Manchester tends to come off as a better uni though in Britain they both have the similar prestige. The only thing putting me off Manchester is the city and it's dodgy areas. If anyone lives in Manchester I would appreciate any input on my Manchester prejudices. Any reason why you personally went for Manchester?

I won't be going to Manchester because I really want to study in London (especifically at Imperial College), but I'd say after Cambridge and Imperial it is top in the country for ChemEng. 100% of graduates get into further study or a job, beautiful student satisfaction stats and the largest ChemEng department in the UK! Also a nice city from what I've heard. I have an offer from them and it's doable. I wouldn't hesitate to chose Manchester over Sheffield or Bath :smile:
Original post by johnny147
x

Well done on your offer from Imperial m8!
Reply 986
who knew btec could work lol
offers from
aberdeen
newcastle
nottingham
ab and distinction
Reply 987
Applied in October, still waiting to hear from Bath :frown:
Original post by Tyche

Same!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyche

I think is leaving a lot of people on the dark, I don't really know what they are waiting for to give offers/ interviews!!!!!!
Original post by muki183
who knew btec could work lol
offers from
aberdeen
newcastle
nottingham
ab and distinction

What were your offers?
Original post by Tyche

Omg so am I 😟
Loool I wish I did btec sometimes even though it requires a lot patience sitting down and doing some work...
What where your offers and why didn't you apply for Surrey
One more question what are your offers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 993
i did apply to surrey
i have not heard from them yet though
so far all offers are a in maths b in chemistry and distinction in science
Reply 994
Did any of you guys get a phone interview from imperial?
I have one in a week and i really don't know what to expect, any help would be appreciated. I applied for Chemeng btw

Thank you!!
Reply 995
Any idea about ucl? Anybody received offers recently? Have been waiting since october. ....Are all the offers been
n given out?
Original post by ATA95
Any idea about ucl? Anybody received offers recently? Have been waiting since october. ....Are all the offers been
n given out?

Don't worry loads of people are in the same position (me included :tongue: )

UCL say they are flooded with applications and so we are on hold.

We are going to hear back no later than 31st March.

Quite annoying since I've sent me app like ages ago. lol :smile:
That's good got an applicants day coming up for Surrey at 07/04
Reply 998
Original post by Anonynmous
Don't worry loads of people are in the same position (me included :tongue: )

UCL say they are flooded with applications and so we are on hold.

We are going to hear back no later than 31st March.

Quite annoying since I've sent me app like ages ago. lol :smile:

Hi! Did ypu call them? Usually they give offers in jan/early feb. Where else have you applied? Do you have offets in hand from other unis? Horrible wait....
Original post by muki183
i did apply to surrey
i have not heard from them yet though
so far all offers are a in maths b in chemistry and distinction in science

Surrey normally give offers after the applicant day. You should be invited to one soon.

Latest