The Student Room Group

Have you ever changed yourself for someone else?

If so, why did you change yourself? To emphaise this answer further, would you change yourself for someone else?
Reply 1
Yes. I changed myself for my daughter.
When I found out I was pregnant, I was very young and irresponsible. I stopped smoking, I stopped taking drugs, I stopped drinking alcohol on a regular basis. Once my daughter was born I put myself back into education in order to ensure a better future for myself and my daughter.
When I got pregnant I had just one GCSE. It was English Language, and it was only a C. I now have two more GCSEs due to doing a few retakes and going to college in the evenings. I also have achieved Distinction*Distinction*Distinction* in a BTEC Extended Diploma in Business and I now have a place to study Law at Reading University for September.

I would normally say *never* change who you are for someone else. But obviously my life drastically changed when I became pregnant, and it very obviously changed for the better.
There are certain things one should change but if it's not negative per say then you should never change yourself completely for someone. It's all about compromise.
I ain't changing anytime soon.
:wink:
I want to change certain aspects of myself for my boyfriend... It's pretty tough to change your personality though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending