The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No
Reply 2
Marcods
No

:ditto:
I dont see why it shouldn't go onthere ... would you care to elaborate your reasons? It shows a good ability to extract information and arguments and therefore can only be relevant! Of course your degree results will be more relevant at a later date, but at this stage I would say it is relevant.
Reply 4
Lewis-HuStuJCR
I dont see why it shouldn't go onthere ... would you care to elaborate your reasons? It shows a good ability to extract information and arguments and therefore can only be relevant! Of course your degree results will be more relevant at a later date, but at this stage I would say it is relevant.

Because (correct me if I'm wrong...) the LNAT score was devised by Universities to help in selecting candidates. Employment is a different matter.

Not to mention the LNAT score is utterly useless out of context. It's a comparable figure... (I'm also not keen on the complication of the number of questions changing in recent years.... Makes our scores from the pilot look rubbish :wink:)

If I were asked to put it on my CV or an application form I would place it in context... by providing the average score of all candidates in that year.... and then my score.

Jo.
Reply 5
*shakes head*
Reply 6
And I'm not sure that employers would know what the LNAT is. Unless of course you're applying to Law firms.
No not that I'm aware of. LNAT exams are specifically asked by universities to help them with their admissions procedure not by employers but its a personal choice whether you want to add it in or not. Personally i wouldnt because it completely irrevelant.
I just think it shows analysis skills at an early age if you have a good mark, plus on a CV under the other skills section you can elaborate on what it shows, what the average is for applicants etc.
Reply 9
----> yes that's what I was thinking. Rather than the purpose of the test, I was thinking more about what skills the test expresses.

Sounds pretty much like a healthy NO though

Thankyou for all the response / SLIGHT debate :smile:
I think the misunderstanding arose cos they though I was advocating put it down under the exam results section ... I wasn't.
Reply 11
I think any CV with it on would be thrown straight in the bin.
Oh right, you head of graduate recruitment you...
If applying for law-related work experience before you go to university, it's the closest thing you have to an indication of how you might fare on a law course. Of course you should put it down if it adds value to your application.

The LNAT is an international aptitude test gaugeing comprehension abilities (which for part of most IQ tests, too). Any interested employer can easily find out what it means if they don't know already.

I feel perhaps some of the nay-sayers might be slightly bitter about their own scores not being an asset to their CVs? Bet you'll put bloody Duke of Edinburgh Awards down though. Now that really is a laugh! Hiking!
LNAT is only relevant on CVs befor you have any uni results, that is what I am saying... no more.
Reply 15
badgerbadger
If applying for law-related work experience before you go to university, it's the closest thing you have to an indication of how you might fare on a law course. Of course you should put it down if it adds value to your application.

The LNAT is an international aptitude test gaugeing comprehension abilities (which for part of most IQ tests, too). Any interested employer can easily find out what it means if they don't know already.

I feel perhaps some of the nay-sayers might be slightly bitter about their own scores not being an asset to their CVs? Bet you'll put bloody Duke of Edinburgh Awards down though. Now that really is a laugh! Hiking!

ha ha! :biggrin: yeah right
Reply 16
badgerbadger

Are you serious? If you are putting the LNAT then why stop there: SAT scores from 14 and 10 might also be viewed positively, spelling test results from primary school also? They are probably just as relevant, particularly as employers often complain graduates lack basic grammar skills :rolleyes:
Reply 17
rah2
spelling test results from primary school also?

Ha ha!!

I might also add a head shot and full length photo as well as my vital statistics.... :p:

Not to mention a very good model of an elephant made out of pasta glued together.. I was the most artistic 6 year old for miles... :smile:
For people who haven't started university yet, it's the most up-to-date and relevant measure of aptitude for law. Considering I think D of E is a stupid thing to put on a CV, I'm hardly likely to think SATs are going to matter to anyone, am I?

Far be it from me to spoil your smugness, though.
Reply 19
I know nothing of LNAT so I can't comment - seems to me, however, that a test purely designed to facilitate entry to a university isn't massively useful on a CV. If it only takes up a sentence or so, then bung it in.

Disagree about D of E. Employers like to see that you've got skills outside the classroom/lecture theatre. D of E can be a good way of demonstrating the leadership/teamwork/initiative-taking abilities that are crucial for a good application form.

Latest

Trending

Trending