The Student Room Group
Reply 1
lol? seriously?

in this particular case i think the most logical thing to do is buy a yaught
Reply 2
hmm, although yaughts do solve most problems....i'd say stick with it. That's what everyone says to me, its annoying as hell because you want to know now whether you're going to break up in the future if so you'd end it now, but annoyingly that doesn't happen. So play it by ear, if you can cope being away and you aren't wanting to go out with other people at uni then stay together. Uni sucks for exisiting relationships. Oh and i think the question is would you be wanting to out with the girl after uni? x
I'd have to go with the yacht....

I don't like the sound of that yaught.
Reply 4
hmmm, can't spell, just copy. Maybe thats why colour became color in america?
Reply 5
lol i tried google:define, gimme a break :P
Imo, if you have to ask on a forum whether you should break up with your gf then you should. If someone loves someone then going to uni shouldnt be a problem and get in the way of it no matter how far. If your mind can be swayed by anyone of us then you evidently dont like your girlfriend enough and i wouldnt see a relationship like that lasting. Maybe you should be more specific about worries and such.
Reply 7
tbh you could give it a try and see if it works, but it depends on the distance u will be apart.
Reply 8
surely if you both really want to stay together then you can make it work, but you're gonna have to put the effort in
I'd say give it a try at least.
Reply 10
Well if you think you want to break up with her then do. If you want to stay with her then do. The fact that you have to ask not only yourself, but other people this questions makes me think you don't want to stay with her.

If you really loved her then you would not be asking this question....and I wouldn't be writing this reply
I would not wait to discuss it, i would do it as soon as possible with her, if you break up do it now don't say oh we will break up when we go to uni, if you stay together then obviously see how it goes.
its a loads of *******s to say if you're thinking about it then you should imo. Its a really hard thing to embark on and crosses everyones minds, if they are realistic. This guy might find he loves the girl so much it'll be too hard. You never know
Reply 14
i do love her and thats why im asking because im a guy and tbh i know that i cant trust myself and i do lover her loads, i dont wanna break her heart. im going to be in london, she going to be in birmingham. she cant come an visit me and we will see each other alot less. thanku phillipa btw for understanding me. its going to be really hard for me and her, i be seeing my mates havin sex and havin a gd tym and i be there lookin like a boring git!!!
Anonymous
i do love her and thats why im asking because im a guy and tbh i know that i cant trust myself and i do lover her loads, i dont wanna break her heart. im going to be in london, she going to be in birmingham. she cant come an visit me and we will see each other alot less. thanku phillipa btw for understanding me. its going to be really hard for me and her, i be seeing my mates havin sex and havin a gd tym and i be there lookin like a boring git!!!

Ermmm....
Reply 16
...lol you know what he means. It depends on whether or not you want to make that sacrafice for your relationship anon.
Anonymous
Imo, if you have to ask on a forum whether you should break up with your gf then you should. If someone loves someone then going to uni shouldnt be a problem and get in the way of it no matter how far. If your mind can be swayed by anyone of us then you evidently dont like your girlfriend enough and i wouldnt see a relationship like that lasting. Maybe you should be more specific about worries and such.

Whoever said this, you are absolutely right and a genuine genius.
Anonymous
im a guy and tbh i know that i cant trust myself

i be seeing my mates havin sex and havin a gd tym and i be there lookin like a boring git!!!

Firstly, if you know you cant trust youself then break up with her. If you loved her half the amount that you say you do you wouldnt have posted stuff like that. You would hurt her a lot less breaking up with her now rathing then in a months time when you have cheated on her.

Secondly, if your concerned about what your mates are going to think of you not going around having sex with randoms, then your girlfriend deserves someone better. Again, if you did love her at all you wouldnt care what your mates would think. If they were real mates they would respect you for staying faithful.

I think you need to take time out to think about what you want, not what people might think etc.

I was also in a relationship where my boyfriend went to uni in birmingham and i stayed in london, at that only lasted three months, however my current boyfriend has been in southampton for three years at uni, and although it has been really hard, we'v made it work because breaking up would be so much worse than distance issues!

Good luck whatever your descision, but think about what you want, not what others, or me for that matter think :smile:
See if the relationship works before considering breaking up. If you love her you wouldn't be bothered if your friends are having casual sex. Think yourself lucky because you have something they might not have, you have someone who loves you, which is worth more then any casual fling.

I 'm in a long distance (he lives about 2 hours away) with my boyfriend and he doesn't go to my uni. Maybe you could meet up at the weekend or something?

Latest

Trending

Trending