The Student Room Group

Last A level option?

Hi,
I still need to pick one A level option and unsure on what to choose.

I have already choosen to study:
Business - A level
Sociology - A level
Applied Science - BTEC Subsidiary Diploma

I need one more option most likely an A level. I have thought about economics but unsure.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what subject would work well with my already choosen options?

Thank you.
Reply 1
Hi! I did Economics, personally found it very interesting, so if you have any questions on the course feel free to ask! :smile:

If theres a career that you want to go into, then I`d suggest choosing a subject to go with that. If you know what you want to do at uni, then check the uni requirements for that course as some unis ask for specific subjects (I decided I wanted to do Economics, but didnt know some unis asked for A-Level maths, so half of my uni options had to go).
Reply 2
Original post by Mav455
Hi! I did Economics, personally found it very interesting, so if you have any questions on the course feel free to ask! :smile:

If theres a career that you want to go into, then I`d suggest choosing a subject to go with that. If you know what you want to do at uni, then check the uni requirements for that course as some unis ask for specific subjects (I decided I wanted to do Economics, but didnt know some unis asked for A-Level maths, so half of my uni options had to go).

I would like to go uni but not sure on what to study as I don't have a career in mind yet.

Does economics contains lots of long essays and I've heard about there being lots of graphs. Are they hard to understand and draw? :smile:
Reply 3
Have your read through your college/sixth forum prospectus? They should outline what is involved in each subject and what topics you will study. For example, I didn't know what to do for my 4th AS and found myself interested in taking Religious Studies mainly because my sixth form taught Buddhism; something I was quite interested in studying after reading about it. It made a change from Christianity or Islam.

Is Government and Politics an option? That would go quite nicely and overlap with the other subjects. Psychology would be another one if you are interested in it.
Reply 4
Why don't you try another core subject or a language? Like math maybe.

I really suggest a language though, I was told unis look for people with a humanity, a language, a science or math, and something creative.
Reply 5
Original post by Jacketh
Have your read through your college/sixth forum prospectus? They should outline what is involved in each subject and what topics you will study. For example, I didn't know what to do for my 4th AS and found myself interested in taking Religious Studies mainly because my sixth form taught Buddhism; something I was quite interested in studying after reading about it. It made a change from Christianity or Islam.

Is Government and Politics an option? That would go quite nicely and overlap with the other subjects. Psychology would be another one if you are interested in it.

Talked to teachers today and picked psychology as my finally option. Just thought it was interesting. Government and politics is an option but it would interest me.
Reply 6
Original post by кяя
Why don't you try another core subject or a language? Like math maybe.

I really suggest a language though, I was told unis look for people with a humanity, a language, a science or math, and something creative.

Didn't take a language at GCSE so I would struggle at A level and core subjects aren't my strongest. In the end I took psychology after talking to teachers. It seemed interesting.
Reply 7
Original post by _hml_98
Talked to teachers today and picked psychology as my finally option. Just thought it was interesting. Government and politics is an option but it would interest me.

Nice one. We touched upon Psychology from a religious aspect in RS when we studied Freud and Jung. Its quite fascinating.

You'll be doing a lot of essays and extended pieces of writing with them subjects. Best of luck! :biggrin: :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Jacketh
Nice one. We touched upon Psychology from a religious aspect in RS when we studied Freud and Jung. Its quite fascinating.

You'll be doing a lot of essays and extended pieces of writing with them subjects. Best of luck! :biggrin: :smile:

Glad to hear it should be fascinating and thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending